1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Is the Bible's Definition of A False Doctrine?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by TCGreek, Mar 24, 2008.

1. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

I've heard so many things labeled false doctrines, but I've never seen any of them so labeled in Scripture.

Frankly speaking, they are just differences of opinion on a biblical subject.

But is there anyway for us to label something as truly a false doctrine because the Bible says so, whether explicitly or implicitly?

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

According to the apostle Paul, any gospel other than the one he preached, is false doctrine.

3. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

An example, would be?

4. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Eph 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; [it is] the gift of God,

1Cr 15:3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
    1Cr 15:4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,

#4 Amy.G, Mar 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2008
  5. skypair

skypair Active Member

I'd say Paul had a problem with Hymenaeus eschatology and "turned him over to Satan." He had a problem with Peter's "legalism" at one point. I think Jesus called it "beware the leaven of the Pharisees."

Probably it means adding anything to or taking anything from scripture which we all know John warned us about in Rev 22:18-19.

skypair

6. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

I agree with False Eschatology and Legalism.

I personally believe, I might be wrong, that a false doctrine is any teaching that undermines the nature and work of Christ as witnessed by the Scriptures.

7. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

OK....what about the charismatics?

Is it true bible doctrine to hold hands in a circle, and "command" God to produce a mircircle?

I do believe that this doctrine is "adding"quite a bit.

Just my opinion

AJ

8. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Paul makes it clear that Jesus is God.

Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
    Col 1:16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.
    Col 1:17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.
    Col 1:18 And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.
    Col 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell,
    Col 1:20 and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross.

For any "religion" to deny His diety, is clearly a false teaching. Mormon doctrine would be a good example.

9. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

The Charismatics deny the sufficiency of Scripture when they claim extra-biblical revelation.

10. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

I believe Mormons and JWs are in the same boat.