1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is the "Crossless" Gospel?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Lou Martuneac, Jun 1, 2008.

1. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is not the OT Covenant (although the cross was there).

1 Corinthians 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.​

The cross in the OT:

Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Isaiah 53
    5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
    6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
    7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
    8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
    9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
    10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
    11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
    12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.​

Psalm 22
    15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death.
    16 For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.
    17 I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me.
    18 They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.​

The OT altar of wood upon which the blood of the lamb was poured out was made of acacia wood overlayed with brass.​

Jesus Christ was crucified upon Acacia wood because it is the tree found in Palestine with thorns. They stripped them off the cross-beam in preparation for His crucifixion and made the crown for the King of kings with them.​

The eternal gospel had the marks of the cross from the beginning.​

The cross of Jesus Christ is an offense to this world.​

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.​

Brethren, please stop supporting this error of a crossless gospel.​

HankD​

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

HankD;
    What do you think all those scripture were referring to??? You do believe God knows all don't you?

BBob,

3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The cross and yes.

HankD

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Thanks HankD, I thought that was what you meant.

BBob,

5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes BB, it might have helped for me to say what I meant directly.

Though the piercing of the hands and feet just about clinches it.

HankD

6. skypair

skypair Active Member

Right! Jesus DIDN'T raise them so that WASN'T the pretrib rapture. Nor was it the first resurrection. Who saw them? People who KNEW them, Bob. Who RECOGNIZED them. Earthly people! So what was it?

How would we even know that they had risen from the dead if earthly witnesses hadn't identified them?? Your line of reasoning on Mt 27:52-53 is seriously flawed!

No, not that can be seen. If they did, we could judge the fruit before its time and cast out the "tares" or "birds." Again you are avoiding the issue of the MotB. What was it?

OK, Bob. Go ahead and tell me which BB members are Christians and which aren't. Cause I'm pretty sure you are not talking about literal hills here but spiritual ones, right?

Not at all (see my remarks above). It is you that doesn't allow a rapture of the dead and living and then a "first resurrection" 7 years later as scripture says.

Get serious, Bob. This has nothing to do with whether Christ died for me or has a kingdom now. It's about whether His kingdom is the earthly one promised to Israel and whether Israel is yet to come into it.

I'm in Newport, RI and will try to get back to you before Sunday.

skypair