1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is the life of one child worth?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by ajg1959, Feb 22, 2009.

1. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

I have been wondering just how much (or little) are we willing to trade for the life of even one child?

The argumnent has been made over and over that abortion is "not the only issue" in Washington. Why isnt it? And what issues are more important?

The argument has been made many times that outlawing abortion wont stop "all" abortions. Did outlawing bank robbery stop all bank robberies? Of course not, but the law does cut way down on the number of robberies.

(BTW, I consider abortion a worse crime than bank robbery, and it amazes me that it is legal, and encouraged in our country)

In my opinion, christians that overlooked our current president's drive to deregulate abortion and make it more available, and continue to support his social agenda, are selling out their moral standards for selfish reasons. Hoping that Obama will get us all jobs and make us rich. They are willing to trade the lives of children for prosperity.

I, myself, would rather return to The Great Depression, and live without utilities or indoor plumbing, than to be even a small part in the taking of one innocent child's life.

When the liberals drive past an abortion clinic in their new cars with their pockets full of Obama stimulas generated money, they can look to the dumpster where the dead children are thrown and thank them for their good fortune.

Well, I got that off my chest....time to get ready for church.

AJ

2. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Amen, brother amen!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Amen AJ. Amen. I said the same thing to my husband during the election. The economy is not my primary concern - little human lives are. My heart breaks for the babies that are lost daily to selfish abortions. I do pray for these women who find themselves in hard situations and feel that there's no other alternative for them but that makes me want to help our local crisis pregnancy center even more. ANY way I can practically help, I will.

4. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Last month I had the opportunity to participate in the annual March for Life in Washington DC.

Just before the march I visited the Holocaust Museum. As tragic as the extermination of 6 million Jews was during Nazi Germany, we have an even greater holocaust of the unborn going on under the guise of what's called being "Pro-Choice."

What choice did that baby in the womb have?

5. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I wish the pro life people would come together and build a museum in DC about the American Holocaust, the slaughter of 50 million unborn children. Can you imagine the outcry from the pro murder of the unborn crowd?

6. ray Marshall

ray Marshall New Member

I know just precious babies are to GOD. Theirs bodies may be murdered but to find out about little infants that never saw the light of day, read Job 3:16,17.

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This would be an incredible idea regardless of where it was built!:thumbs:

8. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

I don't like abortion, but I don't like to see the living, especially the poor, suffer.

I heard a person say one time that they were pro-choice but anti-abortion. This might be the correct stance, I don't know, but it is something to think about.

9. targus

targus New Member

You don't like abortion...

Is this a way of saying that to you abortion is a necessary evil ?

Are you saying that you don't like abortion but will accept it so that a child doesn't have to grow up poor?

Are you saying that you don't like abortion but accept it so that a poor parent won't have to suffer with the burden of a child?

If you are saying any of the above... then yes you do have something to think about.

10. billwald

billwald New Member

Which children? In Washington State saving stray dogs is more important than helping kids.

Generally, No one cares if black Africans kill black African children or adults. In the last couple of years a million people have been murdered and starved in the Congo. Then there is Darfor . . . .

11. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

And he wheeled his wheelbarrow thru streets broad and narrow crying waffle, waffle for sale.

12. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

What choice - the choice to murder or not murder the unborn? Why should that be a choice?

13. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

Anyone who can say that pro-choice is a viable position when it comes to abortion is guilty of murdering children, whether by the actual act or the vote of any person or political party that supports pro-choice. If I offend anyone then all I can say is just think of how many children have been offended by abortion. Any stance short of outlawing abortion is choosing to be against God's will. The Bible tells us it we are not for God we are doing Satan's bidding. My prayers ask that somehow these warped evil ideas see the light of what they really are. Maybe next time I will tell you what I really think.

14. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I personally am pro-choice. I am staunchly anti-abortion.

What's the difference? I don't believe abortion is a valid choice any more than murder is a valid choice. Especially since abortion is murder.

Just like using the term "pro-life." Most of the "pro-choice" people are also pro-life, except where it comes to abortion. They oppose the death penalty, and therefore are for someone's life, to the exclusion of the wrong that they've committed.

The labels we have given ourselves are misnomers, and in many cases are there to simply make us feel better about ourselves.

Don't call me pro-choice, though, because too many people mis-use the term to include abortion as a choice. If you're gonna label me as anything, call me what I am: Anti-abortion.

15. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Why are aborted fetuses more important than poor black children who die because of inadequate heath care? Why are they more important than the noncombatant Iraqis killed by our troops in Iraq? Why are they more important than so-called criminals murdered on death row even though they are innocent? The answer is that all life is precious in God's sight. That's why the real objective is the "Sanctity of Life" not just the sanctity of the unborn.

16. CoJoJax

CoJoJax New Member

I don't know why .. but when my daughter was born .. I realized much more how helpless and innocent a little baby is. Then reading the stories of how abortions are performed and whatnot .. I don't know.

The best way to put it for me .. Abortion sickens me inside.

17. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're missing the whole point. Nobody is saying their lives are "more important." What we're saying is that our MORAL issues take top priority over SOCIAL issues. Healthcare and war are not Biblically immoral, murder of the innocent is. When we prove to God we as Christians are willing to honor him morally, the social and financial aspects of our culture will take care of themselves.

Think of it as a cross. When things are right between us and God, things will be right with our fellow man. It doesn't work backwards.

18. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

What an ignorant thing to ask?

I have been somewhat poor all my life. The only thing close to an abortion I have ever had to do with is when my wife had a miscarriage some years ago. I did not choose to abort my two children, and had this miscarriage not occurred, I would have had three children, money or no money.

Do you think this is what I am saying? If so, you are dumber than a box of rocks.

19. targus

targus New Member

Well, perhaps you would be so kind as to enlighten me then.

"I don't like abortion, but I don't like to see the living, especially the poor, suffer."

What does this mean?

"I heard a person say one time that they were pro-choice but anti-abortion. This might be the correct stance, I don't know, but it is something to think about."

What does this mean?

20. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In a political debate forum, the "but" would indicate that you are willing to compromise one for the other. You may clarify for us if this is not the case.

I am not willing to support ANY representative who supports the murdering of innocent babies (abortion, pro-choice).

I also am not willing to support ANY representative who supports the poor to suffer.

I do not know of ANY representatives who support the poor to suffer, however, I do know representatives who support the murdering of children and I must always reject the representative who supports the murdering of children.

:jesus: