1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is the Purpose of the Millennium?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Mel Miller, May 11, 2006.

1. Mel Miller

Mel Miller New Member

Friends,

What do you think is the goal of the Millennium?

The following statement deals with "Who will populate the Millennial Kingdom"?

"With a Pre-Tribulation rapture, the people saved after the rapture who are alive at the second coming will populate the earth during
    the Millennium".

But what is God's Goal in populating the
    Kingdom after destroying all the wicked?

Mel Miller www.lastday.net
    [​IMG]

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'll ask Him after I'm raptured ;)

3. genesis12

genesis12 Member

4. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

In the OT, the Jews were promised a "physical Kingdom" here on earth with a reigning Messiah,

with Jesus/church/Spiritual Kingdom being a mystery not revealed to them, they were expecting, and still expect that "kingdom", and it will come to pass.

5. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

The Millenium is the awaited seventh day of rest that still awaits the people of God. It is the day that all three first born (Christ The Son, Israel and worthy Christians) will be doing what it is that they were/are supposed to do.

Israel (as God's first born son and wife of Jehovah) will be at the head of the nations where all the blessings will flow out to the Gentile nations.

Christ will reign over the earth in the stead of Satan and his demons. And the bride of Christ (also the first-born - and part of the body of Christ) will rule and reign with Him.

Oh what a day that will be. May we be found worthy to be a part of His bride! And may that day come quickly!

6. mima

mima New Member

Me4Him: Your answer is absolutely correct in my opinion.

7. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

Me4Him & J.Jump are correct.

The reason for the Millennium is to fulfill Scripture and God's will.

"Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven." Remember?

8. Mel Miller

Mel Miller New Member

genesis12,

You mention Matthew 24.

Would you tell me what this chapter has to
    do with the Purpose of the Millennium. Here Jesus warns that all those who are wicked
    will be killed when He comes.

The Elect will be gathered from all the
    extremities of the heavens. What does that
    have to do with the Millennium?

Do you see Tribulation Saints being left on
    earth to populate the Kingdom? If so, Why?

9. Mel Miller

Mel Miller New Member

Me4Him,

My question allows that God has promised a
    Kingdom on earth for the Jews.

But what is God's Purpose from Scripture?
    And who will populate the Kingdom to make
    its fulfillment possible?

10. MRCoon

MRCoon New Member

I believe that everyone can only get to God's Heaven by being covered by the blood of Jesus. I personally think (notice my own opinion) that those who died before Christ's death on the Cross or those who were not accountable for their sins (babies, young children, mentally disabled, those who never heard, etc) will have 1000 yrs to make this decision. I believe that the new Jerusalem and the new earth as described in Revelation is not the final heaven where we will spend eternity, but the purging of Abraham's Bossom. Once all those in Abraham's Bossom return to earth with Jesus they must choose to accept Jesus' sacrifice as the only true way to heaven. Those of us who have been saved after Christ's death have been covered by His death and can gain access to heaven but those who were covered by the blood of animals or were unable to make a conscience decision to accept or reject Christ will get there chance to decide.

DISCLAIMER: Ok this has been my opinion...I could not completely defend this from scripture just as no one could completely reject this from scripture. I would say that in place of arguing...that I'll rather take the approach that we will find out when we get to heaven and ask Jesus...and I give you permission to laugh at my idea then ;)

11. Mel Miller

Mel Miller New Member

J. Jump,

Quote:

Who are the Gentile nations to be blessed if all the unbelievers are killed when Christ comes? It is true that the Church will "rule the nations with a rod of iron". Rev.2:25-27.

But who will make up the nations that are "left"
    and who must come to Jerusalem annually so as to
    worship God? Zech.14:16-21.

If only Tribulation Saints are left to populate
    the Kingdom, how can they make up the Gentiles who populate the Kingdom at the same time they
    must rule themselves with a rod of iron?

Will these Trib-Saints who are "left", when
    Christ kills all unbelievers, be required to "rule themselves with a rod of iron"?

Such a rulership is hardly a logical Purpose
    for the Kingdom if only Trib-Saints remain to
    rule over themselves while they populate the kingdom.

12. Mel Miller

Mel Miller New Member

JackRUS,

Quote:

13. Mel Miller

Mel Miller New Member

JackRUS,

Quote:

You have given a purpose for the Millennium. But
    for God's will to be done, will it require the
    action of the Saints to activate that "purpose"?
    Why will "God's Will fail to be done on earth as
    it is in heaven" when Satan is loosed for a short time to "deceive the nations"?

It seems God's will allows a final rebellion!!

Who are these Gentile nations that are "left"
    when Christ comes? Why should Trib-Saints who survive be subjected to suffering loss of rain for their crops if they fail to come to worship God from year to year?

If all unbelievers are killed when Christ comes, why must Trib-Saints be the ones "left" and why should they have to rule themselves with a rod
    of iron if they fail to worship God in Jerusalem each year?

14. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

Those "resurrected" neither marry or are given in marriage, so only the survivors of the trib will produce children, those resurrected will rule over the "Cities" of the world.

Lu 20:35 But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:

36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

Zec 8:3 Thus saith the LORD; I am returned unto Zion, (Jerusalem)

Zec 8:5 And the streets of the city shall be full of boys and girls playing in the streets thereof.

Lu 19:13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.

Lu 19:16 Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds.

17 And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.

There will be "Gentiles" who survive the trib.

Zec 14:16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

Zec 14:18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

God's purpose for the MK, is a thousand fold, or more, one of which is to manifest Jesus's righteousness here in the world.

God told Adam, in the day you sin, you die,

No person has a lived a DAY (Thousand years) since sin entered, all have died In the day they sinned.

However those resurrected will live a full day (thousand years) and not die.

All the "Spiritual", has been or will be, manifested here in the physical world, even God. (Jesus)

15. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

I never said that all the Gentiles would be wiped out. Do you have Scripture evidence to back up that statement?

If there are Gentile nations left to be ruled that to me means there must be some Gentiles left in those nations that will continue to populate the nations during the 1,000-year reign.

16. Mel Miller

Mel Miller New Member

J. Jump,

Good! Now we are getting to the heart of the
    question. Some Dispies teach that "all those
    who take the mark of the Beast" will perish.

Many Dispies teach that only Trib-Saints who
    survive to the end will be "left" on earth to
    populate the Kingdom.

Most Dispies I have talked with claim that
    these Trib-Saints will "populate the kingdom"
    because no unbelievers will be "kept alive"
    when Christ appears with All the Saints".

Since you agree there will be Gentile peoples
    left on earth when Christ comes with "all the
    Saints", we can see there must be a Purpose
    for these nations to continue to exist for 1000
    years. That Purpose does not require surviving
    Trib-Saints to remain in their mortal bodies to
    populate the Kingdom.

What specifically is God's Purpose relative to
    Gentile nations? What is His Purpose for the Jews? What is His Purpose for Trib-Martyrs??

And when will it be true that "God's will shall
    be done on earth as it is in heaven"?

17. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

God's purpose since the beginning has been for man to rule the earth in the stead of Satan. However, man disqualified himself from that position. Through God's plan He created a first born son that was to rule from the physical earth in Israel. And it has been His purpose for that nation to be at the head of all the nations.

That's what will happen during that 1,000-year period. Israel will be at the head of the nations as God originally inteneded for them to be when they crossed the Jordan river under Joshua.

What happens after that 1,000-year period in regard to the Gentile nations I'm not sure. But it has always been God's plan that the earth be inhabited. Not much information is given to us beyond the 1,000-year period. That's why we are to focus on the coming 1,000-year reign of Christ.

Israel will be cured in that day and Christians that are found worthy will rule and reign with Christ. That is supposed to be our focus as believers.

As to the Gentiles I'm not sure that all will receive the mark of the beast. Although I think it is safe to say that the vast majority will.

18. Mel Miller

Mel Miller New Member

J. Jump,

I am with you 100 % on God's purpose for Israel
    to be at the "head of nations".

But what is God's Purpose for the Gentiles?
    There are sufficient verses for the answer.

But the entire Church needs to realize the
    Millennium is promised to those "beheaded by
    the Beast" as the time for their reward to
    "serve God" in the New Jerusalem Mansions in
    heaven while His Purpose is being fulfilled
    on the earth. Rev.3:12; Rev.7:15-17.

Those "beheaded for Christ" receive the most
    glorified position with God in heaven and
    will "reign with Christ" in heaven 1000 years!

Again, what is God's Purpose for Gentile
    Nations? Rev.21:24-26. What motivates God to
    "bless" Gentile nations by the restoration of Israel's Kingdom for 1000 years?

19. Mel Miller

Mel Miller New Member

J. Jump,

I am with you 100 % on God's purpose for Israel
    to be at the "head of nations".

But what is God's Purpose for the Gentiles?
    There are sufficient verses for the answer.

But the entire Church needs to realize the
    Millennium is promised to those "beheaded by
    the Beast" as the time for their reward to
    "serve God" in the New Jerusalem Mansions in
    heaven while His Purpose is being fulfilled
    on the earth. Rev.3:12; Rev.7:15-17.

Those "beheaded for Christ" receive the most
    glorified position with God in heaven and
    will "reign with Christ" in heaven 1000 years!

Again, what is God's Purpose for Gentile
    Nations? Rev.21:24-26. What motivates God to
    "bless" Gentile nations by the restoration of Israel's Kingdom for 1000 years?

20. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

So are you saying that unless a Christian is beheaded they can't experience ruling and reigning with Christ?

As to the purpose of the Gentile nations they will be praising and honoring God. I'm not sure what their "actual" purpose is other than being in place so that Israel has nations to be the head of [​IMG]

I think the Bible is vague in exactly what is going to be taking place during that 1,000-year period. I don't think that should be our focus. I think our focus should be on being found worthy to do whatever it is that we are supposed to do during that period.

We know that Christ/Israel will rule the earth from a physical standpoint and we know that worthy Christians will rule with Christ from the heavens.

But I don't know that there are any other specifics that are given to us. The focus is to be on being found worthy when that time comes.