1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is the Purpose of the Millennium?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Mel Miller, May 11, 2006.

1. Mel Miller

Mel Miller New Member

J. Jump,

I like your response as it questions whether
    the Millennium is as important for Christians
    who "overcome to the End" and survive as it is important for Martyrs who are "beheaded".

The entire Pre-Trib Church Body needs to realize that ITS members are not the prime beneficiaries of the Millennial Reign with Christ ... both on
    earth and in heaven.

Quote:

My statement might seem to contradict that the
    Purpose of the Millennium includes the rule
    of worthy Saints UPON the earth. To be sure, Rev.2:25-27 applies to survivors who "overcome to the End". They will rule sitting on thrones UPON the earth.

But at the same time the Millennium is required in order to fulfill the promise for Martyrs to
    "reign with Christ" in the Temple of the New Jerusalem before it comes down UPON the earth.

The Temple in heaven will continue to exist for 1000 years until the Martyrs have finished

(1) "Serving God therein where He dwells among them" as stated in Rev.7:15 and until

(2) they "reign with Christ in heaven for 1000 years as stated in Rev.20:4; Rev.7:17 and until

(3) the Lamb "shepherds them and leads them upon fountains of living water" during that period
    which begins after they are all "beheaded".

Only after the 1000 year reign of the Martyrs
    in heaven and after the 1000-year reign of worthy "survivors" sitting on earthly thrones will God's will be done on earth *forever* ...
    as it is in heaven"!

The Dispensations' Doctrine exalts those who
    "overcome to the End" by recognizing they will "sit on earthly thrones to rule the nations"; but that Doctrine does not recognize the superior reward given to Trib-Martyrs who "love not their life unto death". Rev.12:11.

Only the Martyrs will "serve God in the Temple of heaven" 1000 years until that temple no longer exists in the New Jerusalem. The Nations will begin to enter the New Jerusalem thereafter with God and the Lamb its Temple!! Rev.21:22-26.

God's Purpose in the Millennium includes more than that of ruling with Christ on earth OR in
    heaven. There is a deeper Purpose that Reformers do not even recognize and that many Dispies fail to include in what they "think the Bible is vague about; but which only takes place during this 1,000-year period".

But I hope we may agree on that deeper Purpose that God reveals in both the O T and N T.

Mel Miller www.lastday.net

2. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Well where we will disagree is that I don't believe "worthy" Christians will rule from the physical earth. I believe that reign to be for the nation of Israel.

I believe that worthy Christians will rule from the heavens where Satan and his demons currently rule. I believe it is in Daniel that says the heavens do rule.

3. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Yes, J. Jump, there is an earthly Kingom and a heavenly Kingdom, and I think most people overlook that fact.

The Bible is vague about the millennium, other than the fact that it will be glorious, but the Bible is even more vague on the rest of eternity.

4. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Exactly our focus shouldn't be fixed on what's going to happen then as much as it should be on being found worthy to participate.

Unfortunately the vast majority of Christians, if they believe in the actual 1,000-year reign of Christ, believe that all Christians will be found worthy. Going to be some surprised folks in that day.

5. Mel Miller

Mel Miller New Member

J.Jump and Hope of Glory,

From what vantage point will Christ and Christians “rule nations with an iron rod”?

Quote from J.Jump:

This quote is a supremely vital point for discussion before we can understand God’s
    full Purpose for the Millennium. You must lean toward the view that Rev.5:10 refers to the Saints in heaven “ruling the nations FROM HEAVEN for 1000 years”. The 12 disciples will “sit on thrones to judge the tribes of Israel”; but they will need the help of Church Saints to “judge the nations”. Matt.19:28.

“They (3rd pers. plural), a kingdom of priests, shall reign on the earth” (basileusousin
    epi tηs gηs”). But reigning “epi” the earth
    does not require us to be in heaven. The
    meaning of this preposition can be “over or above” the earth; but it can also be “upon
    the earth” as the KJV translates.

Daniel, Jesus, Paul and John show “all the Saints coming with Jesus” FROM heaven. Only the Martyrs return TO heaven where John sees them “sitting on thrones in judgment” even before they rise up to meet Him above the earth at the time of the “first resurrection”. Rev.20:4-5.

The key that requires only the Martyrs to return to heaven to “reign with Christ for 1000
    years (20:4) and to serve God in the Temple of heaven where God will dwell among them” (7:15) is the promise given to ALL Church overcomers; but which requires them to be overcomers unto death through the entire Trib period! Rev.12:11. Read Rev.3:10-12.

Believers will be “kept from the Hour of Trial”. But there is a special “crown” for those who
    “overcome unto death”. They will be “made Pillars in the Temple of God and shall NOT GO OUT of that Temple any more”. They will never leave the New Jerusalem. They have the “name of God, the name of New Jerusalem and the name of the Lamb”!!

Now, it is true this could arguably apply to all Believers who “overcome to the end”. However, while Rev.2:25-27 doesn’t require “overcomers” to rule FROM heaven, Rev.7:15-17 does require
    the Martyrs "coming out of great tribulation" to
    rule in heaven AFTER the great tribulation!!

We still have not seen the Big Picture as to why “overcoming Saints must rule on the earth” (not the Martyrs) so as to be in direct contact with the nations in fulfilling God’s Purpose for 1000 years.

6. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

The Millenium (if there is one) will be populate by Christian martrs ONLY.

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and [I saw] the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received [his] mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This [is] the first resurrection.

7. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

You may have noticed that God allows sin. But Jesus will rule with a rod of iron as you have stated.

This period of rest for Israel will come before God re-creates the Earth where righteousness will reign forever.

8. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

If Jesus and only the Trib marytrs are on the earth during the Millennium, who exactly will these saints reign over?

And explain please how they are deceived and destroyed by God when Satan is released at the end of the Millennium?

9. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

Mel, I "think" you're making a mistake In separating the Jews and christians during MK, "IN CHRIST" (saved) there is neither Jew or greek.

Ga 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

I'm referring to those saved/resurrected "pre MK", not those who physically survive the trib.

When Adam sin, God told him he would "work" for his bread:

Ge 3:19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

In the OT, the "priest" wasn't give "land" to farm, their "Meat/bread" came from offering to the temple, they served God and didn't have to "WORK".

The MK is known as "7th day of rest" from work, and as "priest" of God we won't have to "work" for our meat/bread either.

Heb 4:4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

Heb 4:9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. (MK)

10. ituttut

ituttut New Member

God's purpose is Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ will have His reign on this earth. It looks to me the purpose of the millennium is the "marriage supper of the Lamb" in Revelation 19. It is not just humans invited, but the "fowls of the air" are invited. It is going to take a long time to clean up the mess after the slaughter.

As to populating in the millennium, I'll use what I posted to you just a few minutes ago under a different heading. "There were only eight souls that made the boat trip, and they were told, just as in the beginning to be fruitful and multiply. We don't know if there will be eight, or eight hundred, or eight thousand, but what ever the number they will be producing, living long lives. I'm sure there will be a goodly number by the end of the millennium."

11. Mel Miller

Mel Miller New Member

Me4Him,

If you want a response from me, give the QUOTE
    to which you refer. Don't just make general
    statements as below. Your arguments are too detailed to even consider without a QUOTE
    to allow a direct exchange of viewpoints, i.e,:

How did I separate the Jews and Christians
    during the MK? Your post, as usual, has no
    reference to the subject at hand, the Purpose for the Millennium; but only to your Pre-Trib, unestablished theories.

12. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

"ALL" those resurrected, (Jew/Greek) stay on earth for the MK, the promies to Israel of a "reigning Messiah" here on earth is what the Jews were expecting and will receive, even if they die prior to that "kingdom". (resurrected)

13. Mel Miller

Mel Miller New Member

Me4Him,

The following quote is pure theory because it
    limits Kingdom rulership to the Jews:
    "ALL" those resurrected, (Jew/Greek) stay on earth for the MK, the promies to Israel of a "reigning Messiah" here on earth is what the Jews were expecting and will receive, even if they die prior to that "kingdom". (resurrected)

The Apostles will "judge the 12 tribes"; but the
    Trib-Surviving Saints will be among those that
    "rule on earth over the nations with a rod of iron". Matt.19:28; Rev.2:25-27; Rev.5:10.

Once again, you take away from Scripture what is
    terribly important for those "beheaded for
    their testimony to Jesus and the word of God".
    They will "serve God in heaven as Pillars in the Temple and reign with Christ in heaven where He will shepherd them for 1000 years". Rev.3:12; Rev.7:15-17; Rev.20:4.

Why are you so recalcitrant?

You again make a statement without Scripture
    to support your heretical teaching that no
    Gentile will be saved during the Millennium.

The Saints who "overcome to the end will rule on the earth" but those who are "beheaded for their testimony to Jesus will serve God as Pillars
    in the Temple and the Lamb will shepherd them
    in heaven where they will reign with Him for
    1000 years". Rev.3:12; Rev.7:14-17; Rev.20:4.

Your understanding is distorted because you
    claim that Gentiles will NOT be saved during the great tribulation and will therefore NOT be
    among those "beheaded for Jesus NOR become Pillars in the Temple of Heaven for 1000 years as stated in Rev.3:12; Rev.7:14-17; Rev.20:4.

14. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

"IN CHRIST" there are no Jews/Greek, there is no differences between the church saints and trib saints.

Ga 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

God doesn't distinguish between "Nationalities" among the saved.

One spending the 1000 years in heaven the other on earth is not scripture.

Those "Beheaded" (Israel) are the ones the "earth Kingdom" was promised too, dead/alive, they will experience it.

15. Mel Miller

Mel Miller New Member

16. Mel Miller

Mel Miller New Member

Me4Him,
    In your following statements you contradict yourself:

"Those Beheaded (Israel) are the ones the `earth Kingdom' was promised too, dead/alive, they will experience it".
    That is a bare-faced contradiction of your own
    first statement.

Since there are neither Jews or Gentiles in
    Christ, how can you be sure that only Jews are "beheaded" to reign on the earth? And at
    the same time you contrdict Rev.3:12 and
    Rev.7:15-17 and Rev.20:4.

Me4Him, you are not a worthy one to debate with as you change the truth that men from every nation will come “out of the great tribulation” and that those “beheaded for the testimony of Jesus will serve God as Pillars in the Temple
    of heaven and reign with Christ as He leads
    them in fountains of water for 1000 years; but those who overcome to the end will reign on the
    earth". Rev.5:10; Rev.2:25-27.

This is the baldest kind of unbelief I have encountered among Christians on any website.

I will no longer exchange views with you for denying that Gentiles will be saved during
    the great tribulation. You correctly state
    that Jews and Gentiles are ONE in Christ. But
    then deny that Gentiles are among those who are "beheaded" because you (falsely) claim
    that only Israel (Jews) will “reign with
    Christ on the earth”.

You have the Jews being restored as rulers of the earth but refuse to include Gentiles among those who “reign with Christ on the earth” as clearly taught in the Book of Revelation.

But more important to this thread, you also
    deny one of God’s primary goals that require a literal period of 1000 years between Christ’s second coming and a New Heaven and Earth so
    that those “beheaded for Christ will reign in heaven” prior to the New Jerusalem coming
    down upon/over the earth.

17. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

The Jews don't believe in Jesus, they are not rapture, pre trib, during the trib some believe, they become "Christians", when both the church and those who are saved during the trib, return, they are "ONE", not "two.

18. Mel Miller

Mel Miller New Member

Me4Him,

You actually admit that saved Jews and Gentiles will be ONE, not two, during the Millennium.
    Quote:
    The Jews don't believe in Jesus, they are not rapture, pre trib, during the trib some believe, they become "Christians", when both the church and those who are saved during the trib, return, they are "ONE", not "two".

If saved Jews and Gentiles are ONE before the
    tribulation, as well as during the Millennium
    why do you not believe they will be ONE during
    the great tribulation?????????????????????????

19. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

Because it requires "Two" to make "two", and "one" is gone during the trib, the church.

20. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

Rev 20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
    Rev 20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
    Rev 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
    Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and [I saw] the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received [his] mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
    Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This [is] the first resurrection.
    Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy [is] he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
    Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,