1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is the Purpose of the Millennium?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Mel Miller, May 11, 2006.

1. Mel Miller

Mel Miller New Member

Me4Him,

You continue to ignore the fact that the TWO
    saved peoples (Jews and Gentiles) are ONE during the great tribulation because they are members of the Body of Christ, the Church. There will not be a revival of the nation of Israel as "a people of God" until they see Him coming and
    "bless the One coming in the name of the Lord"!

Jesus gave no hint that those who "watch and
    pray" until that unknown Day begins with signs
    in the heavens should belong to any Body except the Church which He came to build!!!

However, Jesus also spoke of the Jews who will
    "bless Him coming in the name of the Lord"!!!
    This hope of Israel is recognized in the views
    of most Christians; but they miss the Purpose
    that God has in mind for Jews to recognize the
    "same Sign" of the Day their Messiah comes and that Christians (Church) also will recognize.

This dual expectation of Christians and of Jews
    whom the Two Witnesses will challenge to believe is what makes "the sign" of Christ's coming the means by which millions will suddenly have the chance to "escape the judgment coming on all inhabitants on all the face of all the earth during the Hour of Trial". Luke 21:34-35.

You have failed to show that there are TWO
    peoples of God during the great tribulation.

If saved Jews and Gentiles are ONE before the
    tribulation, as well as during the Millennium
    why do you not believe they will be ONE during
    the great tribulation?????????????????????????
    -------------------------------------------------
    Me4Him,
    Once again, you give no Scripture as evidence:
    Quote:

Mel Miller www.lastday.net

2. Mel Miller

Mel Miller New Member

StraightAndNarrow,

I appreciate the Scripture; but need your
    comment in order to respond.

3. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

If Jesus and only the Trib marytrs are on the earth during the Millennium, who exactly will these saints reign over?

And explain please how they are deceived and destroyed by God when Satan is released at the end of the Millennium?
    </font>[/QUOTE]All I did was to post what I consider to be the most (only?) definitive scripture in the Bible. You're arguing with the Word. You know if the Bible doesn't match your preconceived idea you might wany to rethink your beliefs.

4. Mel Miller

Mel Miller New Member

StraightAndNarrow

On May 12 you wrote: "The Millenium (if there is one) will be populate by Christian martrs ONLY".

On May 14 you answered JackRUS’s follow-up questions: “If Jesus and only the Trib marytrs are on the earth during the Millennium, who exactly will these saints reign over? And explain please how they are deceived and destroyed by God when Satan is released at the end of the Millennium?

In your answer to Jack and my request for you
    to make a comment, you did not address his ?s:
    “All I did was to post what I consider to be the most (only?) definitive scripture in the Bible. You're arguing with the Word. You know if the Bible doesn't match your preconceived idea you might want to rethink your beliefs”

Your straight and narrow response, IMO, should have been that Revelation does NOT say that
    “ONLY Christian Martyrs will populate the Kingdom during the Millennium”.

Instead, Rev.3:12 and Rev.7:14-17 reveal they will “serve God as Pillars in the Temple in heaven”. And the 1000-year reference to their
    “reign with Christ” must be fulfilled for 1000 years before the New Jerusalem “comes down from heaven” upon the New Earth!

For after the New Heaven and Earth, the temple
    will no longer exist. Rev.21:22. The Martyrs
    must "reign with Christ for 1000 years and serve God in the Temple of heaven" prior to the New Earth and New Heaven.

Thanks for the opportunity to combine “other” Scriptures to what has been revealed about
    the Millennium when Christ will reign in heaven as well as over the earth for 1000 years. David
    may assume the throne on earth during that time.

5. Mel Miller

Mel Miller New Member

J. Jump,

You have given me a good reply concerning the purpose for the Millennium, i.e., so "those
    left of the nations that come against Israel"
    may come to know the Lord to fulfill both
    the O T and N T promise that "all will know
    the Lord, from the least to the greatest".

However, I believe the motivation for this
    Purpose is that God will "show mercy to all
    mankind" at Christ's return.

"Anyone who is willing to die will be kept
    alive". Luke 17:33.

"All who call on the Lord will be saved".
    Rom.10:13.

"All Israel will be saved". Rom.11:25-26.
    This includes a third of Israel. Zech.13:8-9.

"God will show mercy to all". Rom.11:30-33.
    That's after He has demonstrated that both
    Gentiles and Jews have been disobedient as
    to the Gospel and God gives not only Jews, but all mankind a final opportunity to "escape"
    His wrath. Luke 21:36; Joel 2:32.

"Those who are saved will begin the formation
    of the sheep nations" who will be "separated
    from the goat nations" and cast into Hell at
    the end of the Millennium. Only the Beast and
    False Prophet will be in Hell during the 1000
    years.

The number of the tribes of earth who "beg to escape and to stand before the Son of Man"
    may well be as many as two billion people who
    are kept alive to start the sheep nations who
    "worship God annually at Jerusalem". Zech.14:16.

This goal is necessary in order for the number
    of descedants of those saved to make up sheep
    nations will number as many as the "stars in heaven" while the number of those who finally rebell at the end of the Millennium will be as great as the "sand of the sea". Rev.20:8.

6. Mel Miller

Mel Miller New Member

Friends,

Have you noticed the final, 7th, "blessing" of Revelation (22:14) is a direct reference to all
    the nations whom God promised to "bless through
    the descendants of Abraham"?

Now this promise is being partly fulfilled thru the seed of Isaac. Gen.26:4. But the seed of father Abraham includes the descendants of the twelve tribes of Ishmael. I believe Jesus includes the 12 tribes of both Israel and Ishmael who "mourn when they see Him". Mt.24:30.

This may seem like a revolutionary innovation. But the final "blessing" of Revelation includes the "nations" that inherit the eternal kingdom on earth (Matt.25:32-34) and "bring their glory and honor into the New Jerusalem" and are forever "healed by the leaves of the tree of life". The "healing" of the nations only is a continuation of that found in Ezek.47:12. Rev.21:24-26; Rev.22:2,14.

The Bride of the Lamb includes the Saints of
    both the Old and New Testaments with the walls
    and foundations representing the 12 Tribes and
    the 12 Apostles. They will "rule over all the
    nations with an iron rod" in the Millennium.

But read Rev.21:24-26 and Rev.22:2 along with the final "blessing of Rev.22:14 and Matt.25:32 and see how the promise of a potential number of half the world's population may be "kept alive" at the Presence of Christ. A 50-50 ratio may be seen as one of every "twosome" of those taken and left will be "kept alive"! Luke 17:33-37.

I believe we find the "blessing" of numbers as
    great as the "stars of heaven" for the saved
    nations of Rev.21:24 (KJV and NKJV) and as great as the "sand of the sea" for those who finally rebell in Rev.20:8 fully realized only if up to
    two billion people begin the Millennium and
    reproduce numbers that double often enough to
    produce a trillion "sheep" and another trillion
    "goats" by the end of the Millennium.

This is my view of one of the two major reasons
    for the Millennial Reign of Christ on the earth.

7. StraightAndNarrow

Actually, I posted it before. The Millenium (if there is one) will be inhabited only by Christian martrs as stated in this passage from Rev.

8. npetreley

npetreley New Member

So what you're saying is that some portion of Christian martyrs will be deceived by satan when he is released at the end of the millenium? They're the ones who will attack Israel? If there are only Christian martyrs in the millenium, there's nobody else to play this part.

9. Mel Miller

Mel Miller New Member

npetreley,

Why do you even suggest that Christians will be
    deceived by Satan???

10. StraightAndNarrow

According to Rev. 20:4-5 the only candidates for populating the Millennium are Christian Martyrs (explicit) and those who are currently alive since verse 5 states that the Christian dead other than the martyrs won't be resurrected until after the Millenium. This second group is pure conjecture since they aren't explicitly identified.

11. npetreley

npetreley New Member

I'm not suggesting that. But satan is released at the end of the millenium, and he manages to rally a lot of people to attack Israel. If the only people who populate the earth during that time are Christian martyrs, then who else could he rally? Unless what you're saying is that Christian martyrs are the ones to repopulate the earth - after which there's no guarantee that their offspring will be Christians.

Anyway, I don't buy the premise in the first place, so I'm not even sure why I'm discussing it.

12. Mel Miller

Mel Miller New Member

StraightAndNarrow,

Quote:
    According to Rev. 20:4-5 the only candidates for populating the Millennium are Christian Martyrs (explicit) and those who are currently alive since verse 5 states that the Christian dead other than the martyrs won't be resurrected until after the Millenium. This second group is pure conjecture since they aren't explicitly identified.

The Christian Martyrs will NOT be populating
    the earth as you hypothesize. They will "serve
    God IN HEAVEN during the Millennium while the
    Christians who "overcome to the end will reign
    ON THE EARTH". Rev.7:15-17; Rev.3:12; Rev.2:26.

My good friend, your theory is a new one for me that I have heard about only from you and ituttut: i.e., that "the Christian dead other than the martyrs won't be resurrected until after the Millenium".

You identify the "first resurrection" as being only for Christians who will populate the kingdom and then admit your own claim about the
    second group "is pure conjecture since they aren't explicitly identified".

WOW for such an instant admission of ignorance!
    If you had not theorized that the Martyrs will
    rise up to populate the Kingdom, we would have
    had some ground to discuss what happens.

But you overlook the fact that, at the scene
    of every "two (sets of unbelievers) that are left behind" (since no Believer will be left on
    earth when Christ appears) ... "one will be
    taken ... by the birds gathered to eat their
    flesh". Luke 17:34-37.

These unbelieving dead are among the "rest of the dead" who will not live again until the 1000 years are finished! They are indeed identified.

They include all those who refuse to repent
    AND/OR who fail to "call on the name of the
    Lord" and so are not saved. But all who "beg to escape ("all these things that happens" on the last day) will "prevail to stand before the Son of Man and are KEPT ALIVE because of God's mercy". Rom.10:13; Luke 21:34-36; Luke 17:33; Rom.1l:30-33.

"This generation will not pass until all
    these things happens". Luke 21:32; Greek text.

13. Mel Miller

Mel Miller New Member

npetreley,

My answer to your following Quote is the same
    given above to StraightAndNarrow:

I wish you might read my response to DeafPosttrib
    on the thread regarding Sheep and Goats for the
    answer to whom Satan will deceive at the end of
    the Millennium ... instead of thinking trib-saints must die for their faith and then, as a
    reward, be relegated to the role of child-bearing instead of "serving God in heaven for 1000 years". Rev.3:12; Rev.7:15-17; Rev.20:4.

14. StraightAndNarrow

If you exclude Rev. 4-5 as being scripture supporting the Millenium what do you put forward as Biblical proof that such an event will happen at all?

15. Mel Miller

Mel Miller New Member

StraightAndNarrow,

Quote:

A. I am very disappointed that you fail to see
    the proof I have twice presented that demands a
    1000-Year Period for Trib-Martyrs to "serve God as Pillars in the Temple" of heaven BEFORE the New Jerusalem comes down upon/over the New Earth and for them to "reign with Christ and be led by
    the Lamb in fountains of living waters" while the
    Saints who "overcome to the end sit on earthly thrones to rule the nations with an iron hand". Rev.7:15-17; Rev.3:12; Rev.20:4.

But it seems you would have Christian Martyrs
    reigning over themselves with an iron rod lest
    they are found rebelling against God instead of
    "serving Him as Pillars in the temple of heaven".

B. I also repeat that "there will be no temple in the New Jerusalem once the eternal City comes down from heaven and the nations saved during the MK must "enter the Holy City after the New
    Heaven and Earth at any time day or night to continue being healed by the leaves of the Tree of Life". Rev.21:24-26; Rev.22:2,14.

This "blessing to these nations" is the final proof that, not only his spiritual seed will be blessed through Christ; but all the nations (and natural descendants) of Abraham will be blessed by God "forever"! Matt.25:32-34.

C. But we also have a grammatical proof that the
    Millennium only begins at Christ's return with
    "all the Saints". John uses the Aorist tense, Subjunctive mood, three times in Rev.20 in order to require 1000 years that is totally future to (1) Satan's inability to deceive nations. 20:3.
    (2) Rest of Dead not living again. 20:5.
    (3) Satan bound and unable to deceive. 20:7.

D. The final proof, which you fail to account for, is that no believer, dead or alive, will be
    left on the earth while all those who refuse to
    believe or fail to beg for mercy are destroyed!
    Those begging for mercy will be "KEPT ALIVE" to
    worship God at Jerusalem annually. Luke 21:36; Luke 17:33; Joel 2:11-14,32; Zech.8:23; 14:16.

Your sole attempt at rebuttal, of course, is
    that the righteous and unrighteous will be
    raised up at in a "general resurrection" at a given "hour". But since the word "hour" has no defining article "the", Jesus must be referring to "an hour" for the "first resurrection" and to an hour 1000 years later for the "second death". Rev.20:5,14.

16. StraightAndNarrow

What you're claiming is that REv. 20 4-5 require that the martrs stay in heaven for 1000 years. I'm sure you know that the Milliniumm will occur on Earth. I'm asking what scripture do you use to support a 1,000 year reign of Christ on Earth. You didn't understand my point.

17. Mel Miller

Mel Miller New Member

Purpose of the Millennium

:sleeping_2: StraightAndNarrow,
    You have asked two separate questions.

First: "What do you put forward as Biblical proof a Millennial event will happen at all"? I gave you four reasons and you did not respond to any one of these four.

Instead, you ask a different question: "What scripture supports a 1,000 year reign of Christ on Earth"?

If you agree that Christ Himself spoke of His coming to "sit on His throne," I don’t see why you even question that His throne will be on the earth. Matt.25:31.

And surely you do not question that "He will rule the nations with a rod of iron as He has received of His Father" whether He rules from heaven or on the earth during the Millennium. For in Rev.2:27 He puts His rule over the nations on earth and Rev.20:4 locates His reign with the Martyrs in heaven for 1000 years ... beginning with His return to avenge their blood!!!

18. StraightAndNarrow

MA 25 is talking about the Judgement not the Millenium.

19. Mel Miller

Mel Miller New Member

Purpose of the Millennium

:thumbs: StraightAndNarrow,
    Quote:
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    According to Rev. 20:4-5 the only candidates for populating the Millennium are Christian Martyrs (explicit) and those who are currently alive since verse 5 states that the Christian dead other than the martyrs won't be resurrected until after the Millennium. This second group is pure conjecture since they aren't explicitly identified.
    _____________________________________________________________________________
    My brother, here you assume that
    1. Only the Tribulation Martyrs will take part in the "First Resurrection" and that
    2. Only those who "survive to the end" will join in "reigning with Christ".
    I submit your argument contradicts the word of the Lord Himself that "He will raise up every
    believer on the last day and will gather the elect from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven". You are trying to limit the elect to those who "survive to the end"!
    Do you have any reason to not accept the word of the Lord Himself?

20. StraightAndNarrow

I would ask you the same question about accepting Holy Scripture.I'm simply taking a straightforward interpretation of Rev. 4 and 5. Please explain how you interpret these verses differently.

#60 StraightAndNarrow, May 29, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2006