1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What is the Social Justice Movement and Why is it so Bad?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Steven Yeadon, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Reformed

Reformed Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    First, I am not a Southern Baptist, so I cannot comment on the Convention's committees. Second, Social Justice is not about food pantries, medical care, and homeless ministries. Christians have been addressing those issues long before neo-Marxist terminology made its way on the scene.

Social Justice is really Progressivism. It is a form of social change to fit into a defined set of norms. Those norms are derived from an elitist view of society. That is how communism found fertile ground in the minds of European scholars, in the mid-19th century and eventually lead to the Russian revolution. Those views are still here today, although they have been updated for the digital age and wear new clothes. Progressivism has never been about seeking the truth, it has always been about ideological indoctrination. It is done slowly and incrementally. It's most holy institutions are colleges and universities. They send out their drones into the world to infect others. Those that they cannot infect they try to control through threats and intimidation.

The Social Justice Movement found its way into evangelical churches through the weakest link approach. Those churches that no longer preached the Word of God in power and in truth were ripe for false teaching. Nature abhors a vacuum and abandoning biblical teaching creates a void that something is going to fill.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Voddie Baucham is not in favor of the Social Justice Movement. He is merely defining it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He is telling you what it is. He doesnt support it. He is very much against it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you, that was unclear from that clip alone. He does an excellent job describing the problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you, that was unclear from that clip alone. He does an excellent job describing the problem.

6. Reformed

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Voddie Bauchman despises the Social Justice Movement.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you, that was unclear from the clip I watched alone. He does an excellent job describing the problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Reformed

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you have ever met Voddie Bauchman in person, he is physically intimidating. He is a big guy, and I do not mean fat. I am glad he is a brother in Christ!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wait, in a time of liberalizing trends for women preachers, teachers, and pastors; a serious need to call people to holiness of thought, word, and deed as always; a time of pop psychology masquerading as Christian theology and bible study; a time of Charismania becoming mainstream evangelical Christianity; a time of collapsing youth and young adult ministries; a time of repeatedly hateful rhetoric against American Christians from our elites and entertainment; and a time when the health and wealth Gospel is becoming mainstream evangelical Christianity. You guys have to fight the idea that Marx and LGBTQ are wrong to other Christians?

I literally throw up my hands. I had no clue things were this bad in the SBC and similar Christian organizations of churches.

• Like Like x 1
  10. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Steven, you did open a can of worms, didn't you? :Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao

Actually, it is all over the country. It is also very much like the struggle inside the Roman Catholic Church. Brandon Howse, in Tennessee, calls it marxianity. It stems from identity politics, as you can see, but it is an attack on Christianity from the strange alliance of communists and Muslims. It is curious to note that there were a half dozen mosques in Iowa that held caucuses and the Muslims went 100% for the communist Sanders. I think that Martin Luther said it best: "The body they may kill: God’s truth abideth still, His kingdom is forever."

11. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  12. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Look, nobody is saying that we as individuals or operating within our institutions aren't commanded to act with righteousness and justice in our social encounters with others. That is glaringly obvious.

But current Marxism, obeying the earliest writings of its scholars, is seeking to simply divide and conquer. To foment internal division in the goal of revolution. And they've chosen to operate under the term Social Justice, in order to drum up support and obfuscate their intentions.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just posted that a few posts back

14. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jerome, she sounds like part of the problem and not part of the solution. Black Republicans like me and Democrats do not. And I really like black Republicans. It's politics, which is related to liberty and economic issues. Besides, race is a political construct since there is no such thing but it merely is based upon the genetic factor of melanin, right? Blacks were mostly Republicans until the Great Depression when they changed parties in spite of the racism of Woodrow Wilson and Franklin Delano Roosevelt. It was Harry S Truman who integrated the military. Trump is reminding people that Lincoln was a Republican. When I was young, Lincoln was still revered in Indiana.

15. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its a blend of Marxism and Communism, masquerading as Christianity.

16. Reformed

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Forgive me. I miss have missed the video you posted. It was not intentional.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

17. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And it is allied with Islam. Russell Moore helped a mosque to be built in Tennessee. Greear did a thesis on Jesus and Allah. The Pope signed some hocus pocus papers with some Arab and stated that God is responsible for all the varieties of religions. People are visited by the police for saying anything against any Moslem or even quoting the Quran.

18. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Randy Adams, whom a group has announced their intent to nominate for president of the Southern Baptist Convention, takes a shot at the social justice movement.
    The Peace of Jesus or the Peaceful Bigotry of Social Theories

19. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  20. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is my take on this ( and I just saw this post a few minutes ago) - As Christians we are to help others! In Fact II Cor 9:13 tells us that we should be "for your liberal distribution unto them, and unto all men;" -- But as Rev Mitchell said in a previous post - SJ makes people victims.
    Like to give a couple examples. 1) Many churches have food closets in the area. However, in order to receive food from the area food bank there are many rules you must follow. One rule is that you are not allowed to ask (or require) a recipient to preform any task to receive food. For example if church members were bringing boxes of food in, you are not permitted to ask a recipient to hold the door open. One task actually stated in the rules is that you can not even ask them to answer the telephone!
    2) I had a couple in our church that seemed to have some financial difficulties , Mrs. Salty said she wanted to help them out, and was willing to spend up to $100 while taking Mrs Jones grocery shopping. Well, our first order of business was to sit down with them and review their financial status. They prepared a list of all their monthly bills. The Very first thing on the list - was $300 for - get this - cigarettes!. Now, they would buy them on the Indian reservation - so without taxes - they would get them about 6-8 cartons! Then farther down the list was a subscription for P1ayb0y. There were also some additional wants that easily could have been eliminated. Starting with the cigarettes - they were not willing to reduce that by even one carton. After looking at the entire list- Mrs. Salty look at me and nodded her -"Nope - no grocery shopping" Do we want to help - YES - but there is also responsibility on the part of the those needing assistance
    So exactly what does it mean by helping someone - just giving things to people - ends up enabling them to continue to be recipients, without responsibility. Real help means assisting others to improve themselves. Its the old - "Give a man a fish - he eats for a day - teach him HOW to fish and he will eat for a life time!
    Now, my plan - as our church gets bigger - is that when a family needs financial assistance - the Deacon (and wife) will sit down and overview the family. Mr. Deacon will look in the fridge - if all there is a case of beer and no milk for the baby - we have an ideal what the situation is. Mrs. Deacon will show Mrs Smith - that they dont need to buy a steak ( as nice as that might be, but would only last for one meal) but buy with the same amount of money extra hamburger - and with hamburger helper, and ect - that will last up to a week. EDUCATION is the key.

Bottom line - RESPONSIBILITY!

One last thing - lets suppose a church family has their house destroyed by fire - thats a whole other story......

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1