1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What is the time of Jacob’s trouble?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Hobie, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Hobie

Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The "time of Jacob's trouble" comes from Jeremiah 30:7...
    Jeremiah 30:7 King James Version (KJV)
    Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob's trouble, but he shall be saved out of it.

In previous verses, God promised He would someday restore His people to their land....
    Jeremiah 30:1-6 King James Version (KJV)
    1 The word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord, saying,
    2 Thus speaketh the Lord God of Israel, saying, Write thee all the words that I have spoken unto thee in a book.
    3 For, lo, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will bring again the captivity of my people Israel and Judah, saith the Lord: and I will cause them to return to the land that I gave to their fathers, and they shall possess it.
    4 And these are the words that the Lord spake concerning Israel and concerning Judah.
    5 For thus saith the Lord; We have heard a voice of trembling, of fear, and not of peace.
    6 Ask ye now, and see whether a man doth travail with child? wherefore do I see every man with his hands on his loins, as a woman in travail, and all faces are turned into paleness?

Despite a great time of distress the Lord would save them from it...
    Jeremiah 30:8-11 King James Version (KJV)
    8 For it shall come to pass in that day, saith the Lord of hosts, that I will break his yoke from off thy neck, and will burst thy bonds, and strangers shall no more serve themselves of him:
    9 But they shall serve the Lord their God, and David their king, whom I will raise up unto them.
    10 Therefore fear thou not, O my servant Jacob, saith the Lord; neither be dismayed, O Israel: for, lo, I will save thee from afar, and thy seed from the land of their captivity; and Jacob shall return, and shall be in rest, and be quiet, and none shall make him afraid.
    11 For I am with thee, saith the Lord, to save thee: though I make a full end of all nations whither I have scattered thee, yet I will not make a full end of thee: but I will correct thee in measure, and will not leave thee altogether unpunished.

The imagery in the Jeremiah passage most closely resembles the predictions given by Jesus in Matthew 24....

Matthew 24:3-22 King James Version (KJV)
    3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
    4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
    5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
    6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
    7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
    8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.
    9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
    10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
    11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
    12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
    13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
    14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
    15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand
    16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
    17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
    18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.
    19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
    20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
    21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
    22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

We see it in other verses...

Luke 21:22-27 King James Version (KJV)
    22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.
    23 But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.
    24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
    25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
    26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
    27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

1 Thessalonians 5:3 King James Version (KJV)
    3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

So are we seeing it...

2. Hobie

Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    are you relating the freefall to Jacob's trouble?

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its the end times regarding Israel and Antichrist, per your question

5. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe it takes God's crushing of the Gog-Magog alliance to create a worldwide political atmosphere in which the Third Temple can be built. The world currently politically bullies Israel. That atmosphere must change, and the catalyst for that change is fear. The world must recognize that God defends Israel. Which is exactly what the Gog-Magog war displays.

I believe Jacob's Trouble likely follows very quickly after the Gog-Magog war. As I suspect Israel will not hesitate to build the Third Temple following the Gog-Magog war.

I believe their is a good chance that the Antichrist may emerge as a perceived hero from the Gog-Magog alliance massacre. With the Antichrist magnifying himself as a usurper instead of God. The same way faithless King Saul magnified himself for the great victory that his blessed faith-filled son Jonathan initiated.

6. Hobie

Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You tell me...
    "Coronavirus pandemic forces Americans to face 'new normal'
    NBC News

· 2 hr ago
    "COVID-19: Canada-U.S. border closed to non-essential travel for indefinite period"
    https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/covid-19-crisis-canada-u-s-border-shut-for-first-time-since-9-11-attacks

Here is more...
    "Panic buying is forcing supermarkets to ration food and other supplies"
    By Hanna Ziady, CNN Business
    Updated 1:52 PM ET, Wed March 18, 2020

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/18/business/supermarkets-rationing-coronavirus/index.html

"They trail out the doors and hug the walls of grocery stores and warehouse clubs, in Southern California and elsewhere in a nation gripped by a pandemic."...
    https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-03-18/coronavirus-pandemic-shopping-lines-costco-anxiety

"Italy coronavirus deaths rise by record 475 in a day"...
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51952712

"Coronavirus: Germany latest country to close borders...
    Its borders with France, Austria and Switzerland were shut on Monday, except for commercial traffic.
    Spain will also close its borders later while France is considering more stringent lockdowns.
    Meanwhile, the European Commission has proposed a temporary ban on non-essential travel to the European Union."...
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51905129

#6 Hobie, Mar 18, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
  7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

"You tell me..."

I asked first.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hobie

Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    We have to spiritually discern and this is affecting every level of society, political, religious and it is reaching across the nations of the world. It certainly is a sign for all nations, and we shall see what follows.

9. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    indeed

10. Hobie

Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    We have California and New York basically shutting down..

"Newsom orders all 40M Californians to stay home in nation's strictest state lockdown
    BERKELEY — Gov. Gavin Newsom on Thursday ordered California's nearly 40 million residents to stay home, making it the first state to impose that strict mandate on all residents to counteract a looming surge of new infections.

The order takes effect immediately and remains in place "until further notice." Californians are not allowed to leave home except for essential purposes. They are allowed to purchase groceries, prescriptions and health care, as well as commute to jobs deemed essential."... https://www.politico.com/states/california/story/2020/03/19/newsom-orders-all-40m-californians-to-stay-home-in-nations-strictest-state-lockdown-1268248

"Coronavirus in NY: Cuomo orders lockdown, shuts down non-essential businesses
    Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Friday ordered the Empire State to shut down and asked local businesses and manufactures to step up as officials mounted a desperate struggle to slow the coronavirus pandemic.

“I want to be able to say to the people of New York — I did everything we could do,” Cuomo told reporters at the state Capitol. “And if everything we do saves just one life, I’ll be happy.”

The restrictions take effect Sunday night at 8 p.m. and will shut down all nonessential businesses across the state, leaving just grocery stores, pharmacies and other essential operations open. All non-solitary outside activities, like basketball and other team sports are also banned.

The lockdown also requires all nonessential government and private-sector employees to work from home."...https://nypost.com/2020/03/20/coronavirus-in-ny-cuomo-orders-lockdown-shuts-down-non-essential-businesses/

11. Hobie

Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Eye opening is all I can say...

"Coronavirus: the week the world shut down
    It should not have come as a surprise. Life had already been upended in China. Iran and Italy have been reeling for a month. And yet it still felt sudden, this week, when walls were raised across the world, entire societies were quarantined and billions of people realised they had crossed a dividing line: from life before coronavirus to after.

After weeks of governments prevaricating over whether to ban mass gatherings, close businesses or seal borders, restrictions came in a flurry. “We are at war,” announced the French president, Emmanuel Macron. But without adequate weapons to fight the virus, let alone enough hospital beds or ventilators, this was the week the world beat a tactical retreat.

Spain’s 46 million citizens were in lockdown by Sunday morning. Its death toll would double by the end of the day to 288. People had partied in Dublin’s Temple Bar on Saturday night. It was a last hurrah: the neighbourhood’s water holes were indefinitely closed the following day.

The same day, Germany closed its borders to France, Switzerland and Austria, whose chancellor, Sebastian Kurz, warned the country the next weeks would be “challenging, difficult and painful”. More than 1,400 people had died in Italy.

In Mafraq, a small city in Jordan, a Syrian girl, Reem Ahmed, missed school for the first time since September. Though aged 11, the past six months were the only time she had ever spent in a classroom, part of a humanitarian programme to steer refugee children out of work and into education. But classes across Jordan had been suspended to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.

"Coronavirus: the week the world shut down

12. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Are you seeing the clock of God? Look at the clock of God.

According to the wrath of God that will fall upon all the nations, these are the prophetic messages of His two witnesses to be fulfilled from now on, in addition to the plague of PESTILENCE that is underway:

James 5:v.1-6
    1 Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you.
    2 Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten.
    3 Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.
    4 Behold, the hire of the labourers who have reaped down your fields, which is of you kept back by fraud, crieth: and the cries of them which have reaped are entered into the ears of the Lord of sabaoth.
    5 Ye have lived in pleasure on the earth, and been wanton; ye have nourished your hearts, as in a day of slaughter.
    6 Ye have condemned and killed the just; and he doth not resist you.

- The global financial system will collapse completely
    - The nations will suffer very serious FAMINE that comes on earth
    - There will also be earthquakes in several places
    - Nations will be in great tribulation and anguish
    - All kind of structures of the Devil's World will be demolished, it will be as an IMPLOSION, the fall of the structures of the World of Devil will be some thing like the fall of the World Trade Center, and it is already falling.

Jeremiah 25:v.32-38
    32 Thus saith the Lord of hosts, Behold, evil shall go forth from nation to nation, and a great whirlwind shall be raised up from the coasts of the earth.

33 And the slain of the Lord shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried; they shall be dung upon the ground.

34 Howl, ye shepherds, and cry; and wallow yourselves in the ashes, ye principal of the flock: for the days of your slaughter and of your dispersions are accomplished; and ye shall fall like a pleasant vessel.

35 And the shepherds shall have no way to flee, nor the principal of the flock to escape.

36 A voice of the cry of the shepherds, and an howling of the principal of the flock, shall be heard: for the Lord hath spoiled their pasture.

37 And the peaceable habitations are cut down because of the fierce anger of the Lord.

38 He hath forsaken his covert, as the lion: for their land is desolate because of the fierceness of the oppressor, and because of his fierce anger.

Isaiah 5:v.14-16
    14 Therefore hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it.

15 And the mean man shall be brought down, and the mighty man shall be humbled, and the eyes of the lofty shall be humbled:

16 But the Lord of hosts shall be exalted in JUDGMENT, and God that is holy shall be sanctified in righteousness.

13. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    CONTEXT!
    Jeremiah was prophesying before & during the Babylonian captivity from within Judah.

The Israelites were already suffering a time of great trouble, but worse was to come, as recorded in the book of Esther. Exile & captivity is serious, but Haman's intention was extermination of the Jews/Israelites.

They were delivered from it & Haman himself was executed.

I don't think we need look for a further fulfilment.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Hobie

Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Jeremiah 30:24 King James Version (KJV)
    24 The fierce anger of the Lord shall not return, until he hath done it, and until he have performed the intents of his heart: in the latter days ye shall consider it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jeremiah was writing before & during the exile. When are the "latter days" ? Many of the exiles returned under Cyrus, but it seems many did not, including Mordecai & Esther. The Haman incident occurred about 50 years after Jeremiah's prophecy, after the return.
    The Jews were delivered as prophesied.

Habakkuk prophesied about the same time as Jeremiah & was concerned first with the wickedness of Judah, then the Chaldean invasion & captivity which would be the punishment of Judah for their unrepentant wickedness. He was encouraged to live by faith & was given a song to sing in exile. Even through a time of trouble he could rejoice in the God of his salvation.

The "latter days" surely relate to the coming of the long promised Messiah, Jesus. Vast numbers of Jews were saved during those 7 years, beginning with those who flocked to John's baptism, continuing with those saved during Jesus' ministry & then during the Apostolic ministry starting at Pentecost.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. prophecy70

prophecy70 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

What is your take on Jeremiah 30 8-9?

"by which they were kept in bondage, both with respect to civil and religious things; but now he that led into captivity shall go into captivity himself, ( Revelation 13:10 ) ; and strangers shall no more serve themselves of him;
    this shows that this prophecy cannot be understood of deliverance from the Babylonish captivity; because, after this, strangers did serve themselves of the Jews, and they were servants unto them; as to the Persians, and Grecians, and especially the Romans"

This is part of John Gills explanation... Im wondering your opinion so I didn't include his conclusion.

17. Hobie

Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You have to open your eyes and see how many of the prophets were also writing about events in the later days at the end times.

18. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

True. Micah 4:v.1-3
    1 But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord
    (In my view the God's Kingdom-Rev.11:v.15) shall be established in the top of the mountains(will rise above all kingdoms of THIS WORLD-Rev.11:v.15 explains better about this), and it shall be exalted above the hills(will be exalted above all kind of Ministries and Ministers of all denominations of the present time in whole world); and people (Gentile people) shall flow unto it.

2 And many nations
    (Gentile nations) shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and He will teach us of His ways, and we will walk in His paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the Word of the Lord from Jerusalem.

3 And he shall Judge among many people, and rebuke strong nations
    afar off...(Gentile nations - UE, USA, G-7- and so on). Revelation 11:v.18 explains better about strong nations.

The vast numbers of saved Jews, inclusive the Apostles, even so the mother of Jesus, they all are waiting the resurrection of this last Day, the Lord's Day, as said Martha, sister of Lazarus, unto JESUS-John 11:v.24. Let us analyse, or rather, meditate in 1Thes.4:v.13-18:
    13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
    14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
    15 For this we say unto you by the Word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
    16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel-
    Michael-Daniel 12:1-3-, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
    17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them...to meet the Lord...and so shall we ever be with the Lord (in the Kingdom of God-the third heaven-Luke 20:v.35-36&Rev.5v.10).
    18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

But at this present time also there is a saved remnant according to the election of grace. And if by grace, then is it no more of works
    (Rom. 11:v.5-6).

And this remnant are 144000 sealed servants of our God, sealed in their foreheads
    (Rev.7). John did see them with the Lamb on Mount Sion: Rev.14:v.1-5
    1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
    2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters
    (peoples, and nations, and multitudes, and tongues), and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
    3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
    4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
    5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.

May our LORD God bless us, and keep us, and give us His protection until the day 1335 -
    45 days after the end of AD - Daniel 12:v.12

Amen

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. timtofly

timtofly Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The 144K are the last of any Jewish evangelists ever to go out and preach the Messiah to the world. The Lamb and God were just seen in plain view to the whole world. It is the Mt Sinai event, but not just to Jacob, but the whole world. Just like the children of Israel sinned in the presence of God on the mount, the whole world in the presence of God will keep on sinning when they realize God’s wrath is not immediate. The 144K will continue to convince the world and the Jews during the judgment of the Trumpets to repent and turn to God whom they have seen, and are without excuse.

Of course the governments are going to come together against the threat of God's wrath. Who knows what will happen? All we know is God is going to send definite trouble, because John is writing about all this trouble. But we only see right now, what God let John put in the book of Revelation. Soon even the thunderings will be revealed, but probably not to the church. The church will not be here. The church hardly seems ready for the fourth seal. They all seem to be complaining about the first 3 seals. I just hope all are ready to meet God, instead of hiding in the caves.

20. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    As you know, who believes not in JESUS is condemned already.

John 3:v.17-21
    17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
    18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the NAME of the only begotten Son of God.
    19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
    20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
    21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Here is a testimony of JESUS: John 12:v.44-50
    44 Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me.
    45 And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me.

46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
    47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
    48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
    49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
    50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

#20 Oseas3, May 13, 2020
    Last edited: May 13, 2020