1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is the

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Squire Robertsson, Feb 10, 2003.

1. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    www for the Online Bible? And has anybody here used the latest version?

2. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Talking about the Millenium Edition?

Do you have some particular questions? (I personally use this program above all others, although I don't recommend it for everyone because of its really steep learning curve)

4. JamesJ

JamesJ New Member

5. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was looking for a shareware that is downloadable. I used the Online as my first pc bible back in the Dos days. I also see that a Russian module is available.

7. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Online Bible is freeware, not shareware.

8. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which is even better. [​IMG]

9. g_1933

g_1933 New Member

I usually use the O-Bible site, it is a searchable Bible that I find very usefull. Don't know if you can download it though.

G

10. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    G, what site is that?

Because Squire brought it up, I went to the Online Bible site, and found out they're up to version 1.3; downloaded the main file. They've fixed a lot of things since version 1.2.

I personally have downloaded Easton's dictionary, Matthew Henry's commentary, The Geneva Bible commentary, Jay Green's commentary (although I still haven't figured out who Jay Green is), the Textus Receptus, the Alexandrian Text, Pilgrim's Progress by Bunyan, Spurgeon's Morning and Evening, and few other modules I can't recall off the top of my head.

Like I said, very steep learning curve, but very powerful.

11. baptistteacher

Site Supporter

I use the OnlineBible as my main Bible study programme. Have been for several years. I would say it is extremely easy to use, don't know why someone said it has a steep learning curve. (But then the Mac version may be different from the Windows one.)

It has several features that are really handy.
    The "Hot Key" that you can use even without opening the programme. When you are in your word processing doc, and you want to insert a Scripture passage, just use the Hot Key, tell it the passage and version you want, and it zaps it right onto your page.

I really love the simplicity of making the multiple windows scroll with your Bible window. I always have several references open at the same time, like Robertson's word pictures, Matthew Henry, Wesley's notes, Clarke's commentary, etc. I could even have a French or Greek text scrolling at the same. time. --When I am through, just quit the programme leaving all the windows open, and the next time I start it up they are all still there waiting for me, right where I left off.

Double-click a word for a definition. What could be easier than that. [​IMG]

Double-click the verse number for a cross reference window, showing the text of the verses, not just the reference book/chapt/verse.

And, of course, IT'S FREE!! [​IMG] [​IMG] :cool: [​IMG]

12. Aki

Aki Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    for convenient reading, i use the Online Bible, since it is very easy to use. i appreciate the idea of being able to scroll the entire Bible in one window! i also like its ease of use when i want to find scriptures containg a particular word.

on the other hand, in searching for meanings, commentaries, devotionals, and many other stuff, i use e-sword (it contains a library of biblical writings!)

both are downloadable.