1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Is This Departure?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by TCGreek, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

My Dear Brother Ed,

You need not get frustrated. I simply want scripture. I am your student, I open myself to your teaching, if it is out of God's Word. Where in the Bible does it say that tribulation and wrath of God are one and the same?

We will have and must go through tribulations/great tribulation, scripture is clear on that.

There have been verses posted that indicate we are spared the wrath of God but not tribulation.

Post the verses and rejoice in the Word. Post your words and remain frustrated.

Again, where is tribulation wrath? We can determine that judgment of ungodliness is wrath but not Tribulation/Great Tribulation/Tribulation of the Saints. You have answered that there is none and that the answer must be found outside the Biblical text. Then the answer is non Biblical. Therefore the tribulation is God's wrath is man's tradition and not of scriptural origin.

I will capitulate to Scripture. So humble me with the Word. Remember I am praying that you are right. I want to be wrong, only God knows how wrong on this I want to be. However I will not be blinded by the teaching of men outside of the Holy Word of God.

2. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

AMEN Bro skypair! :thumbs::godisgood: Great post!

3. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Does the character of the Church of Philadelphia reflect the character of today's Church?

Rev 3:10
    10Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

What is the patience of Christ here? He is patient and longsuffering, not willing that any should perish.

The Church of Philadelphia is doing this. They committed themselves to the spreading of the Gospel. The open door is an indication that Jesus has made it easier for that purpose.

Rev 3:7&8
    7And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;
    8I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

This door is closing on the Philadelphian Church. Now there is a general falling away and that is the Laodiceans.

Look around you and see the preaching of prosperity. It is rampant. If you preach the suffering of the believer that Paul preached you loose numbers. Members of our Churches argue over carpet color, the color of the nursery. Folks would rather gossip then go to their neighbor and share the gospel. In the work place, Christians are silent for fear of loosing their jobs for the gospel. Public schools are becoming breeding grounds for gang recruitment because Christian students and teachers will not share the gospel for fear of expulsion and job loss. Christians, with means, remove their children from these schools and put them into private schools, instead of taking the responsibility to pressure the politicians, judges etc, to reinstate the teaching of the gospel to these that are being raised in depravity. Depravity of family and depravity of the gospel. This is not the example of a Philadelphian Church it reeks of luke warm water. Hot on Sunday Cold on Monday.

Suffering, persecution will be the only witness that will be left to the Church of the latter days. Just as it was for the Church of Smyrna.

My dear sister Linda,

You have stated that you were Reformed Jew before you were saved. There is going to be a great revival in the very near future of Jewish origins. The falling away of Gentile church membership to worship Antichrist and the persecution of the few remaining Gentile believers that will not bow for a period of 3.5 years (these days will be shortened per Matt 24) will motivate Israel to jealousy. They will come to see Antichrist as not a person of their best interests. They will see his claims of godhood and the suffering of peoples not worshiping him. Those people will be holding out for Christ's coming. Their wounds will remind Israel of their past holocausts. Seeing the wounds of the body of Christ, Israel will repent.

Zechariah 12:10-14
    10And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.
    11In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon.
    12And the land shall mourn, every family apart; the family of the house of David apart, and their wives apart; the family of the house of Nathan apart, and their wives apart;
    13The family of the house of Levi apart, and their wives apart; the family of Shimei apart, and their wives apart;
    14All the families that remain, every family apart, and their wives apart.

This is the last to be saved. "The first shall be last and the last shall be first". Jesus came to the Jew first then to the Gentile by Paul, Gentiles fall away and the gospel of the crucified Savior returns to the Jew for the final revival. The fullness of the Gentile is complete and now is salvation come to Israel.

Now grace is brought to the nation that brought us the Law.

Jew and Gentile are caught up as one body in Christ by grace through faith. Woe unto the inhabitants of the Earth for now comes the Wrath of the Almighty God.

4. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

The "falling away" or "apostasia" of the last days will not be of true believers--it will be of "professing " Christians...those who "receive not the love of the truth that they might be saved " (2 Thess. 2:10). Revival is definitely NOT a sign of Jesus' coming and the end of the age....the major sign that we are in the last days is DECEPTION. Jesus said:

Matthew 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
    Matthew 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
    Matthew 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

The Tribulation period is the 70th week of Daniel (Daniel 9:24-27) and it is for Israel....not the Church. The Antichrist will make a "false" peace with Israel for the first half (three and a half years) of the Tribulation and she (Israel) will "dwell in unwalled villages" (Ezekiel 38:11)...they will more than likely build that "Tribulation Temple" during that time. Mid-Trib, the Antichrist will commit the "Abomination of Desolation" and declare himself to be god. That begins the "Time of Jacob's Trouble" (Jeremiah 30:7) or the Great Tribulation. During the last three and a half years, 2/3 of the Jews will be killed throughout the world. Then comes Armageddon when all the nations will gather in the valley of Jehosaphat to battle...their last attempt to destroy Israel. At this point, Jesus Christ returns (Zechariah 14) to earth with His Bride (the Church saints which were "caught up" 7 years earlier) to save Israel. After Armageddon, He will gather the "remnant" back to Israel (Matthew 24:29-31).
    This prophecy occurs at the Second Coming of Christ. It will be the fulfillment of the Day of Atonement (Leveticus 23:26-32)
    Are you saying that there is a Jewish church and a Gentile church? There is only ONE body of believers (both Jews and Gentiles). When you say Gentiles fall away, are you excluding the fact that "professing" Jews do not fall away? I'm confused here.

5. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

May you all be correct and I be wrong. Blessings to all and I am grateful for the study. I will see you when we meet with Him in the air. :wavey: :godisgood: :type: