1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is up with this president?!?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Don, Mar 15, 2011.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Is that what you call it?

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/obama-u-allies-tightening-noose-around-gaddafi-20110311-103340-971.html

Translation: We will bomb, bomb, bomb ya. The Clinton Kosovo strategy.

Won't save any lives but it makes a good show.

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, but they are always meddling in others affairs.

HankD

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Something, of course, the US never does.

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

One thing Obama could do in response to the Japanese nuke crisis is tell the American and Japanese people the truth. But of course he isn't going to do that. The first thing governments do when a crisis happens is lie. The second thing they do is cover up. Most generally for the people most responsible.

For the USA to "bomb, bomb, bomb" Libya the first order of the day should be a declaration of war. If the USA acts to enforce a no fly zone without a formal declaration from congress the only governmental body with the power to do so would be an illegal act of war.

But then again "Humanitarian Wars are Good for Business"..... and we haven't waged a "legal" war since WW2.

Maybe it is best if the USA stays out of other nation's business more. But I guess that all depends on your perspective. If you are an average Joe Smoe it's probably best. If you are a high fallutin banker or Wall Street speculator, well . . . let the games begin! And let the money roll in!

#44 poncho, Mar 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2011
  5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But, but, umm, its not meddling if our government has their best interest at heart.

HankD

6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Yeah, best interests. The Joe Smoes of the world can go fight and die "for their country" while the Wall Street / Military Industrial Complex gang rakes in obscene profits.

Certain interests are most definately being served.

7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I understand Poncho, I am a veteran.

"obscene" : Profit is amoral and allowed by scripture.
    The OT theocratic requirement for the individual entrepreneur (but not the wage earner) working the land was a tithe on the increase (profit).

But yes, if you mean as a nation, we have been remiss in some areas, and in some ways, grievously. To whom much is given much is required.

However, no one nation is more giving to those in need than America.
    This because of the profits of corporations and business owners paid to employees due to their hard work, along with their contributions to worthy causes, etc.

Apart from helping the world's needy with spiritual and material goods, I am an isolationist. My remarks to C4K were facetious (if you couldn't tell).

HankD

8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I knew you were being facetious Hank.

I wasn't speaking of us as a nation. As a nation we are one of if not the most generous on the planet. I agree with you there. However, our government does not act on the behalf of our nation. It acts on the behalf of the "international community".

My brother and I were just watching Hillary Clinton on CSPAN. Now, I can only sit through so much of Hillary so I maybe saw 15 minutes of her whole speel. But, in that 15 minutes she refered to the will of the "international community" at least a couple dozen times if not more. She even made mention of the "international order".

What is this "international community/order"? Basically it's a conglomeration of the world's central banks and mega global corporations that together hold a great deal of power over western governments.

This is what or who our leaders take their marching orders from. It is the will of a small group of global elites, a "superclass" who couldn't care less what happens to our nation or any nation for that matter as a result of their lust for wealth, power and control.

What does the bible say about using deception and mass murder to gain obscene profits?

9. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think we are in agreement.

America: We are somewhat unique in that we have (or had) a republican (small "r") representative form of government "of the people by the people and for the people" with the consent of the governed and documents gauranteeing certain unalienable rights (in the beginning).

The government of my country was different when I was a boy-young man. Something happened and now we have legalized bloodshed - abortion and euthanasia (WA, OR) as the law of the land. Forget the fraud, thievery, infidelity, deceit, etc in high places. In light of legalized bloodshed they now seem minor.

IMO, God's patience will run its course and then retribution will follow if "we the people" don't use our legal means and constitutional rights to change this path to antichrist.

HankD

10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

It would seem that we are indeed in agreement. I do have one question though. What makes these endless unconstitutional "wars" legal?