1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What is wrong with the belief that Christ rose from the dead on Sunday?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Gerhard Ebersoehn, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The litmus test:

Quote the Scripture which states:
    <<<The women visit the grave at night, they find the stone rolled away, go back>>>

2. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Alright, I admit I left out to translate the word 'ousehs'--"being"

So here's my own correction, corrected properly:

JOHN 20 [1] The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene BEING early of dark yet [dusk / evening--'proh-i skotias eti ousehs'], unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre.

I hope that suffices.

3. vooks

vooks Active Member

Mary Magdalene visited the grave at DUSK (Saturday evening by our modern reckoning of time)on the first day of the week?

4. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

I very much would have liked to, had <<the ole King James>> been correct. But it unfortunately isn't correct, "it being-EARLY-OF-Dark yet" in the Greek, 'proh-i skotias eti ousehs',
    and not
    <when it was yet dark>

5. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Spot on! Many thanks.

6. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    For people who don't know, when the word 'proh-i' appears, it must be 'the morning appears'.

Which per se, is correct.

But when appearing when the season appears, 'proh-i' will be not the morning, but it will be 'the early spring' or 'the early winter' or 'the early summer' or 'the early winter' which appears.

'Proh-i' may introduce any time 'period' just like 'opse'--"late", may "close" any or be "late in" any, given time-period.

7. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

'Proh-i' may introduce any time 'period' just like 'opse'--"late", may "close" any or be "late in" any, given time-period.

James 5:7 “until he receives (the) early and latter rain”—‘heohs labehi proïmon kai opsimon (brochehn)’.

Hosea 5:15 “early in affliction seek My Face”.

Psalm 46:1, 5 “God is a very present help in trouble … right early He shall help.”

Judges 7:3, 8, 9 “Depart early … every man unto his tent … that same night...”

Psalm 63:1, 4 “O God, Thou art my Mighty One—early will I seek Thee … thus will I bless Thee while I live.”

Proverbs 8:17 “I love them that love Me and those who seek Me early (in their lives) shall find Me.”

Psalm 90:14,15 “O satisfy us early that we may rejoice and be glad all our days with thy mercy; according to the days Thou hast afflicted us and the years we have seen evil, make us glad.”

Psalm 64 (65) ‘Eis to Telos, Psalmos tohi Dauid Ohideh’
    Psalm 65 (66) ‘Eis to Telos, Ohideh Psalmou Anastaseohs’
    so in Psalm 64 (65):8 “the early outgoings and afternoon Thou wilt cause to rejoice ... to THE END” thereof.

“Ends of the earth ... afar off (over) the sea” towards the west of the land at the time of harvest of “corn” at the time of “the springing (and) crowning of the year with Thy Goodness”, at the time of the passover, Psalm 65 (66) verse 6.

“If I regard iniquity in my heart, God will not hear me”, nor will He attend to the voice of my prayer. But come and hear all ye that fear the LORD, and i will declare what He hath done for my soul.

8. vooks

vooks Active Member

And then another bunch of clueless women visited the tomb early in the morning having missed Mary Magdalene's memo?:tonofbricks:

9. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Deuteronomy 11:14 “He shall give in its season the early and the late rain”, ‘dohsei hueton kath’ hohran prohïmon kai opsimon”.

Jeremiah 5:24 “God who gives us the early and the latter rain according to the SEASON OF FULFILMENT [‘kata kairon PLEHROHSEOHS’] of the ordinance of HARVEST and has predestined / preserved / saved it for us [for last].”

“… the early of / in the late season”!

10. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

What was, <<Mary Magdalene's memo>>?

I’ll tell you before you talk more nonsense :

John recorded it right here in chapter 20:1,2!!

So, the other Gospels tell you the other girls did NOT <<miss Mary Magdalene's memo>> ---YOU, missed it because YOU here, are the one here who is <clueless>.

#70 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2015
  11. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Didn't the Jews use a different calendar than we do? Didn't they view the time of day in a somewhat different way than we? I ask this in all sincerity.

12. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe toilet paper rolls should go on the hold with the end of the roll facing out.

Some things we believe are not as consequential as others. To make a blanket statement that it is important what we believe is true but misleading.

13. vooks

vooks Active Member

Scriptures call them the UNLEARNED and the UNSTABLE. Watch this

John 20:1 (KJV)
    The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre

Luke 24:1 (KJV)
    Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them.

Questions
    1. Are these two verses describing the SAME event?
    2. If they are describing different trips to the grave, please tell us which trip happened FIRST
    3. If they are describing different events, give us approximate times of the day (by modern standards) when they happened

PS: vooks, believes they are describing the same event and it happened around 0530H Sunday morning

#73 vooks, Jun 4, 2015
  14. vooks

vooks Active Member

Mark 16:1-4 (KJV)
    And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him. 2 And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun. 3 And they said among themselves, Who shall roll us away the stone from the door of the sepulchre? 4 And when they looked, they saw that the stone was rolled away: for it was very great

#74 vooks, Jun 4, 2015
  15. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Of course this is YOUR <<madness>>, YOUR <<sick George Carling joke>>, YOUR non <<theology>> — not mine!

Because the Gospels have YOUR sequence of Mark 16 first, then Luke 24, reversed.

I placed Luke 24 as the first visit when the tomb was first discovered EMPTY and the women found out that they had brought their spices with, in vain.

16. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Good.

Now quote the Scripture which states:
    ONE woman visits the grave at the EARLY OF night still, she SEES the stone rolled away, RUNS back AND TELLS!

17. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Answers to
    <<<Questions
    <<<1. Are these two verses describing the SAME event?

Answer:
    No.

<<<Question
    2. If they are describing different trips to the grave, please tell us which trip happened FIRST>>>

Answer:
    John 20:1 (KJV)
    The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene when it was yet early dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre

<<<Question
    3. If they are describing different events, give us approximate times of the day (by modern standards) when they happened>>>

Answer:
    A. to <<<by modern standards>>>

Impossible.

Answer:
    B. to <<<approximate times of the day>>>

The PRECISE times of the day:

To John 20:1 (KJV)
    The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene when it was yet early dark [proh-i skotias eti ousehs], unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre

To Luke 24:1 (KJV)
    Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning just after midnight ['orthrou batheohs’], they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them.

PS: Please note, vooks, for your information, that the two Scriptures are describing two different events and they happened around 11 hours before Sunday morning sunrise and 6 hours before Sunday morning sunrise respectively.

#77 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jun 4, 2015
  18. vooks

vooks Active Member

Mary Magdalene visits the tomb at around 1800H Saturday and then the 'women' 6 hours later at midnight, right?

19. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Near enough, yes.

Just remember, AFTER <<1800H Saturday>> and AFTER <<midnight>>.

But far more important, Note that Mary Magdalene in John 20:1,2 does not <<visit the tomb>>; she "SEES THE STONE away from the tomb". This observation of Mary starts the 'chain-reaction' afterwards of eight more visits to the tomb in that same night "on the First Day of the week".

#79 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jun 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2015
  20. vooks

vooks Active Member

Who informs Peter of the empty tomb, Mary or the other women?