1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is you view of the timing/etc. of the Marriage Supper of the Lamb?

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Wesley Briggman, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Wesley Briggman

Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Typo in heading. Should be "What is your", not "What is you". Unable to edit/correct heading.

My belief is it will occur while the church is in heaven during the tribulation.

Rev 19:9 KJV - And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed [are] they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

2. rockytopva

rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If I had to pick an end time date I would go with the scientist, Isaac Newton...

“And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half.” –Daniel 12:7

From a folio cataloged as Yahuda MS 7.3g, f. 13v:

"So then the time times & half a time are 42 months or 1260 days or three years & an half, reckoning twelve months to a year & 30 days to a month as was done in the Calendar of the primitive year. And the days of short lived Beasts being put for the years of lived kingdoms, the period of 1260 days, if dated from the complete conquest of the three kings A.C. 800, will end A.C. 2060.”" - – Isaac Newton

As Charlemagne was crowned king on December 25, 800 by Pope Leo the III so the day of Christ's coming will be on Christmas Day, 2060. If the rapture of the saints (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17) occurs seven years before the time of Christ’s coming the date of the rapture 12.25 2053. However… Isaac Newton notes…

“It may end later, but I see no reason for its ending sooner. This I mention not to assert when the time of the end shall be, but to put a stop to the rash conjectures of fancifull men who are frequently predicting the time of the end, & by doing so bring the sacred prophesies into discredit as often as their predictions fail. Christ comes as a thief in the night, & it is not for us to know the times & seasons which God hath put into his own breast." –- Isaac Newton

My closest bet in timing....

1. 2053 - The rapture
    2. 2059 - The marriage supper of the lamb
    3. 2060 - Christ’s return with the Saints to rule 1,000 tears

But.... Christ could come today!

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Timing of the marriage supper?

Too early and it would be breakfast
    Just a bit later and it would be the luncheon meal of the Lamb.
    Too late and it’s dinner.

My best guess is after 1 pm... The Marriage Supper of the Lamb

Rob :Tongue

4. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The "Marriage Supper of the Lamb"? It happens at every Catholic Mass and Eastern Orthodox Divine Liturgy, it's right here on earth, every day. No one needs to wait until the end of time for it, or until you are dead - it exists here and now.

• Informative Informative x 1