1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is your attitude toward Calvinism?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by 12strings, Oct 31, 2011.

?
  1. I would be considered a 4 or 5 pointer

17 vote(s)
    56.7%
  2. I am not a calvinist, but I have no problem with them or their beliefs, I just think they are wrong.

4 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. I am concerned about some of their beliefs, but could work and fellowhsip with them for the gospel.

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. I think many calvinists are and have been truly great men of God who are mistaken on this issue.

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. I will try to eradicate calvinist beliefs whenever I encounter them.

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  6. I believe that calvinist deliberatly twist scriptures to suit their desired interpretation.

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  7. I believe calvinistic theology is one of the biggest problems in the church today.

4 vote(s)
    13.3%
  8. I like chicken.

13 vote(s)
    43.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I don't claim to be a Calvinist because of John Calvin and what little I have read about him so I want no association with him. Second I hold to the teaching of election, but not to the exclusion of free will. While the two do not mix in our minds, even mine, I see both taught in scripture so I hold to both even if I cannot get them to completely mess. For that matter I cannot get one God in three persons to mess but I believe that also. So that is where I am at.

2. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Confused ;)

3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Well then drop 5 point calvinism and you will see clearly. :D