1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is your final authority?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by KJVBibleThumper, Aug 15, 2004.

?
  1. The King James version.

35.7%
  2. You

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The NIV

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. The NKJV

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. The RSV

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. The NRSV

64.3%
  7. other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. natters

natters New Member

Michelle, when are you actually going to offer any proof, instead of just opinion after opinion after opinion? We already know what your opinion is.

2. DeclareHim

DeclareHim New Member

Yes, and the people of Israel held up Nehushtan as theirs. Not to mention the Baals, the Asherah poles,Tammuz, Molech, etc. All the work of men's hands. All bowed down to. All worshipped as the be-all and end-all.

Natters hit the nail square on the head.
    You (and Michelle, and Askjo, and Anti-Alex, and who-knows-who) claim your 'final authority' is the King James Bible.

I, among others, claim God as my final authority. I do not elevate any one translation of Scripture above any other. All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, (2Tim 3:16 NKJV)

In Christ,
    Trotter
    </font>[/QUOTE]I will comment on one thing here and save the rest for later,the Bible was around before 1611,it just was not in the ENGLISH. Clear enough?
    </font>[/QUOTE]So I guess everyone born before 1611 died and went to hell right. That is stupid our first enlish translation began with William Tyndale's version in the 1300's.

3. KJVBibleThumper

KJVBibleThumper New Member

Yes sir it most certainly does. I am working on a (gasp) non-sarcastic argument to support the KJV, but there is a lot of material to go through and it will be some days before its finished.In it I will answer as many questions from this forum as I can without( [​IMG] [​IMG] ) writing a book. Until then I will stay on this forum and debate the "minor" issues. :D :D
    Yours for the preaching of the Gospel,
    KJVBibleThumper.

4. KJVBibleThumper

"KJVBibleThumper said "Does anyone here know what "apocrypha" means?"

It means of questionable authorship and/or authenticity. It comes from a Greek word that means "hidden" or "spurious"."

This is why it isnt in the King James.

5. DeclareHim

DeclareHim New Member

It was in the KI.

6. KJVBibleThumper

Ah ah ahh,it was forced on them,and they took it out as soon as possible.

7. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    KJVBT:Once again we are back at square one. How do you determine which of the multiple versions is what God is speaking to you from?

By reading them, with prayer.

8. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    KJVBT:So what you are saying is that YOU are the final authority!! Unless of course you have an open telephone to God? I can hold up the KJV and say that this is my Final Authority!!

BUT...how can you PROVE the KJV's the ONLY final authority in English?

9. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah ah ahh,it was forced on them,and they took it out as soon as possible. </font>[/QUOTE]I think I'll just say that the so called "removed" verses from the KJV were just added in there like the apocrypha. Thank heavens my good ole NASB (Updated) 1995 was perfectly preserved the way it was!

10. KJVBibleThumper

Hmmm,and God just responds right away does He? Or do you have to wait a few days before you know if you picked the "right" one?

11. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    KJVBT:And may I remind you that the early church had the original letters from Paul,Mark,John,Etc?

But WE don't.

12. KJVBibleThumper

I will go into this in the paper I am writing. But briefly,God said that He would preserve His Word.I doubt He meant it would be re-interprated every generation.

13. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Michelle:They do not all say the same thing. Some omitt some, and others include them. Some add to, and others don't. Some paraphrase, or twist the scriptures, others don't. Some editions render one way in one edition, and change it in another, to only change it back again.

But you cannot prove one is right and another wrong.

14. KJVBibleThumper

Ah ah ahh,it was forced on them,and they took it out as soon as possible. </font>[/QUOTE]I think I'll just say that the so called "removed" verses from the KJV were just added in there like the apocrypha. Thank heavens my good ole NASB (Updated) 1995 was perfectly preserved the way it was! </font>[/QUOTE]Uhh-huh...this is an invalid argument.Are you saying that the old unupdated version wasnt "preserved the way it was"?

15. KJVBibleThumper

In my paper that I am writing I can prove that the KJV is right and the others wrong,but it will probably be discounted because im "biased".

16. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, just like your Bishop's Bible wasn't "preserved" until it was used to make the KJV ;) .

17. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Michelle:It has everything to do with rightly dividing the word of truth, to which in the Good news bible, one walks away thinking this morning star is Jesus = Satan.

I believe we all agree the GNB is a bird cage liner.

There are no verses of scripture, or passages of scripture that indicate there is a difference between the two. The KJB has it correct, as that passage is not properly translated and has translated morning star inappropriately in that text, and context as well. You continue to claim that the error is not an error, and you are clearly wrong.

"or, O day starre"...marginal note by the AV translators for Isaiah 14:12

"And I will give him the morning star....Words of Jesus Christ, Revelation 2:28

By the way, Satan is also never refered to as the son of man. In fact he is referred to as the son of perdition. Just as Satan is never referred to as the lion from the tribe of Judah. God does not refer Satan to himself. He makes a clear distinction from him.

I should hope so.

But He DOES make distinctions between the various morning stars.

18. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    KJVBT:I will comment on one thing here and save the rest for later,the Bible was around before 1611,it just was not in the ENGLISH.

Yes, it was...Tyndale, Coverdale, Matthews, Geneva, Bishop's, to name a few versions before 1611.

Clear enough?

As mud.

19. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    KJVBT:Ok then tell me which of the 60 contradicting Greek texts you use.

He'll tell you if YOU tell HIM which of the four contradicting Gospels you use...or what you use between samuel, Kings, or Chronicles. They're all differing narrations of the same events, so by your apparent standards you can hold only ONE Gospel and choose ONE ACCOUNT from the three found in Samuel, Kings, or Chronicles as God's word.

WHICH?

20. bjonson

bjonson New Member

KJVBibleThumper,

You still haven't answered my question.

Which KJV is your final authority? The Cambridge or Oxford edition. They aren't the same.

Also, I assume you use the 1st edition from 1611, right? Surely you don't use the 11th revision from 1769 which is in print today!!?? That has been changed from the 1611.

So, which KJV is YOUR FINAL AUTHORITY? Which one?