1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is YOUR "Life Verse"

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Copper, May 23, 2005.

1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Psa 55:22 Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.

It's my life verse, because it gives me life. Whatever burden I have whether it be fear, doubt, conflict, you name it, I cast it upon the Lord, and trust Him to sustain me. What peace! What rest!

Stayed upon Jehovah, hearts are fully blessed,
    Finding, as He promised, perfect peace and rest.

2. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

Luke 1:37 "For with God, nothing shall be impossible."

Motivates me to keep my eyes on Him and rely on Him.

3. Mike Stidham

Mike Stidham Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well...since my true goal in life is to become a rich televangelist, my life verse is Prov. 30:15:

"The leech hath two daughters-Give! and Give!" [​IMG]

4. Journeyman1

Journeyman1 New Member

Be alert, stand firm in the faith, be brave and strong. Your every [action] must be done with love. 1 Corinthians 16:13-14 (HCSB)

For me this covers everything.

jman

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    One could do far worse than memorizing THIS list of verses as encouragement and motivation for life. It blessed me to read them all.

(Except the leech verse. That I just laughed at!)

6. Loren B

Loren B New Member

7. Mike Stidham

Mike Stidham Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Cool. You didn't take it seriously, then; though the verse IS in there (and I quoted KJV no less).

Probably my real life verse is out of Luke "Simon, Simon, behold Satan hath desired to sift you like wheat! But I have prayed for you, that your faith may not fail; and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren."

This came to my memory at a time about 10 years ago when I was being sifted, and it was a realization that kept me hopeful throughout that period.

8. FundamentalDan

FundamentalDan New Member

Bro. Mike,

I use that verse all the time, except I like it better how it ACTUALLY reads in the KJV...

I grew up with five sisters, and used to use that verse on them every time they would ask me to do something. My interpretation? Women will suck you dry if you let them, and you will never notice that they are bleeding you to death. Man, that will preach.

9. Journeyman1

Journeyman1 New Member

FundamentalDan,

I liked your interpretation, thanks.

jman

10. FundamentalDan

FundamentalDan New Member

I tried to give that exposition to my girlfriend last night as we walked around the mall. Unfortunately, she did not care to listen to the sound preaching at that moment. Oh, well... :( [​IMG]

11. BRANCH

BRANCH New Member

Gal. 6:7- Be not deceived, God is not mocked, whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Because it's true.

12. bapmom

bapmom New Member

13. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

14. IFBChristian

IFBChristian New Member

Mine would be Psalm 43:3,4 O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles. Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God.

I consider this to be my life verse right now for it just sorta of stuck out to me while I was reading in Psalms and it sounded like a good verse to use as my life verse.

15. Repent62

Repent62 New Member

Matthew 8:1-3 When he was come down from the mountain, great multitudes followed Him. And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped Him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean. And Jesus put forth His hand, and touched him, saying, "I will; be thou clean." And immediately His leprosy was cleansed.

This passage has a very deep heart felt meaning for me because it perfectly describes what Jesus has done in my life.

Like the leper in the passage...I suffer from a modern-day version of it called AIDS, and while I still suffer effects physically...I am cleansed spiritually because He touched me and SAVED me!

Praise the Lord!! :D

Covenant Chapel

16. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

Repent62, Praise the Lord, Indeed!

17. jaded_chaos

jaded_chaos New Member

Joshua 1:9 "Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest."

This verse means a lot to me because as a young teen I was struggling greatly in trying to figure out what God wanted me to do with my life. At a point when I was feeling ready to give up, I stumbled across this verse. Now whenever I begin to waver in my faith or feel like the world is stacked against me, all I've got to do is read this verse to be reminded that God is right there with me, through it all.

18. jmcneely01

jmcneely01 New Member

John 21:15-18

Peter was one of the most identifiable people in the Bible. He was full of zeal and determination to follow and know Christ. But he made a mistake, and was filled with grief and self-loathing. But Jesus forgave him in this beautiful passage. I have always found it to be moving.

----Justin

19. SAMPLEWOW

SAMPLEWOW New Member

Psalms 34:6 KJV

This poor man cried,and the LORD heard him,and saved him out of all his troubles.

WOW, that is a great verse!

Praise the LORD,he did save me out of a world of trouble!

20. KJV4JJ

KJV4JJ New Member

I started my adult life (after some trials the Lord brought me through) with Isaiah 40:28-31....
    but the more I read, the more I fall in love with all of them.
    I often tell people that some of my favorites are the ones between "In the beginning..." and "Amen". [​IMG]
    Kinda silly... I know... but... I am in love w/my saviour....... [​IMG]