1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is your method of evangelism

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by D.Y.R#7XTRUST, Dec 6, 2006.

1. D.Y.R#7XTRUST

D.Y.R#7XTRUST New Member

I'm just curious as to the various methods of evangelism that people use, within biblical guidance and God given revelation. I myself do open air evangelism, and am interested as to the method you use and why.

I hope to gain wisdom through your methods/ insights and even spiritual advice.

Thank You for your time in answering in advance.
    Matt Mahar

2. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Roman Road . . . 1 Cor 15 . . . John

Personal testimony.

Lot's of Prayer! And more prayer!!!

Wayne

3. Samuel Owen

Samuel Owen New Member

I don’t think there could be any right, or wrong way to evangelize. I think the Spirit gifts us as he wills, some differently than others. I personally don’t agree in accosting folks with tracts, when their minds are on shopping or other things (but some do). I just usually leave a few laying around where they will be found.

We sometimes have home study groups, as long as they last, sadly they never seem to endure. But this is a place where I feel the door is open. I have never tried open air evangelizing, but would not rule it out. Of course in the town I live in - you would probably be better prepared to spend the night in jail if you did. I am not certain there is any glorying in that, considering you know you are asking for trouble before you start. :tonofbricks:

PS: I also use my web-site. And by the way have had confirmed results.

#3 Samuel Owen, Dec 6, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2006
  4. skypair

skypair Active Member

DYR,

Welcome to BB! :1_grouphug:

I have done them all (I think) "4 Spiritual Laws" (CCC), "Here's Christ America" ("I Found It") survey-linked sharing, "Evangelism Explosion" (D. James Kennedy), "Roman's Road" tract (very easy). Those are the ones I can think of - less one I'll mention in a minute.

I read WORLD magazine recently regarding evangelism. The article told of the author's college roomate walking down the main street of his town asking each and every woman he passed for a kiss. And he finally got one. But in hindsight, many other women were turned off to him AND were suspicious of men afterward -- and we find much the same with "cold call" and "public" witnessing. Not saying there's no place for it like tent revivals. But it should be something the person is looking for, not beat over the head with.

People get hardened to impromptu evangelism. I like using personal testimony on just whatever is going on in that person's life and then sharing 1Cor 15:1-4 (or 15:1-8 if you want to show Jesus is the ONLY person who is still alive to tell us about death). It is important to show that we have sin, we not only believe but stand (we've committed as wife to husband else our faith is "in vain") in Christ, and that we are thereby "SAVED," 15:2!

Hope that helps. God bless!

skypair

5. jimc06

jimc06 New Member

We have tried various forms of "creative evangelism", such as theater, movies, block parties, etc. In addition to personal witnessing, etc. I've used the Roman road, personal testimony, the "Net" tract, and a Gospel-focussed juggling act. They are all effective for proclaiming the Gospel, but honestly with limited response. Which naturally leads one to wonder how important the form of exposition is, in addition to prayer and a clear presentation of the important truths...

Jim