1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is your view of death from Adam that all inherited

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by psalms109:31, Jan 28, 2012.

1. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

So calvinists view us born into seperation/estrangement away from God due to the fall of Adam, and us found in him and now spiritually dead in ourselves, while Non cals see it as being?

2. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

The absence of God causes all sorts of evil and death.

3. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

I don't know what the anti-cals think. They would have to speak up for themselves.

4. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

"Secondly, IN CHRIST JESUS THERE IS LIFE,
    for he says: "Ye will not come to me that ye might have life." There is no life in God the Father for a sinner; there is no life in God the Spirit for a sinner apart from Jesus. The life of a sinner is in Christ. If you take the Father apart from the Son, though he loves his elect, and decrees that they shall live, yet life is only in his Son. If you take God the Spirit apart from Jesus Christ, though it is the Spirit that gives us spiritual life, yet it is life in Christ, life in the Son. We dare not, and cannot apply in the first place, either to God the Father, or to God the Holy Ghost for spiritual life. The first thing we are led to do when God brings us out of Egypt is to eat the Passover—the very first thing. The first means whereby we get life is by feeding upon the flesh and blood of the Son of God; living in him, trusting on him, believing in his grace and power. Our second thought was—there is life in Christ."

C.H.Spurgeon

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...and this would be yet another lie as I told you just this very thing the other day.

6. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Exactly.

I made this argument several months ago, but Skandelon will not let himself see it.

7. Winman

Winman Active Member

How many people does the wind blow upon? Does the wind only blow upon certain elect persons, or does the wind blow upon all men?

8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't like labels because there is usually no one size fits all.

e.g. calvinists, there are the "Heinz 57" varieties of flavors, same with "arminians", "dispensationalists", etc.

So, I am neither C or A and in addition don't have an agenda for either.

So rather than label me for this question, please contemplate the question (dont have to actually answer it with a post either)

There is an account in the Bible where a man seeks after God, is rebuked, gets really angry and commits murder.

Later after another confrontation with God, he prays to God and God grants his prayer.

Cain.

Was Cain dead in trespasses and sins when he participated in a dialogue with God (who heard his prayer and answered it)?

Thanks
    HankD

#28 HankD, Feb 3, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  9. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

You are but one non-cal with one of many positions. Or do ALL the non-cals around here allow you to speak for them?

What say the rest of those holding a non-cal position, Van, MB, Winman, Quantum, and a host of others, does Webdog speak for you on issues of doctrine or does he speak only for himself?

Time to clear this up. And, if he does speak for you, that certainly makes it easier to know what you all believe.

10. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

Let's call it the way the Scriptures do... The Holy Spirit moves as He wills -- to whomever He wills, whenever He wills, and however He wills. No man can control His actions, movement, or effect.

Or do you somehow think that some man does control the Holy Spirit of God?

11. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Post reported:

"Webdog called the statement a lie. He needs to be corrected not to use the word 'lie'."

12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Actually, it was stated the calling of others as "liars" should be avoided, but I know reading comprehension is sometimes overrated...

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Nice backtrack from a deliberately false statement. You have heard from each one of us concerning this matter, its not up to us to keep playing your game.

#33 webdog, Feb 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2012
  14. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is there some reason we can't give the benefit of the doubt and say something like:

"I believe so-and-so is mistaken" or "I believe so-and-so is wrong".

Or even "you are wrong", why assume a lie?

HankD

15. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

The majority of the time you are right, but there are times when there are those who deliberately tell something false.

16. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I called no one a liar. I did exactly as you and called a statement a lie.

17. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The difference will be that I was formally reprimanded, while you webdog, will most likely not be.

It's your 'special status' here on the BB. You can make all the knee jerk inflammatory quips you want and remain unscathed. The rest of us (at least the DoGs) are not so privileged.

18. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

..and now you have been gifted with ESP, or have you hacked my account? You should see some of the trivial posts I've been "reprimanded" on, and the ugly PM's I've received from a certain administrator who sits on your side of the fence (the less hyper side). If you want to see "special status" look at Aaron's posting and how he is able to call out, attack and mock a moderator at will. Don't play the martyr.

19. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm curious, have you received actual infractions or warnings by PM? Mine was minor (no points lost and gone in a week) and Skandelon was understanding and professional about it, I suppose he did what he thought he had to (I don't envy his position).

But as a paticipating moderator on the forum he should not have flipped you a thumbs up for yet another of your knee jerk inflammatory quips, especially in view of the fact EWF could have reported it as inflammatory and he would then have to deal with it on another level, and that after he has given his approval of the knee jerk inflammatory quip.

I suppose that Aaron and Skan and I have in common thick skins, and Skan could call Aaron down anytime he feels he needs to. I've actually taken no personal offense in any of this. I'm wanting these things to be brought out in the light for all to see. I believe it will ultimately be beneficial for all.

#39 kyredneck, Feb 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2012
  20. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

No back track at all. Each of you seem to have another point of view, something that has been emphasized of late, so I simply decided to say so. Let each speak for themselves, and I suspect that includes you pretending to speak for all the others...