1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is your view of death from Adam that all inherited

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by psalms109:31, Jan 28, 2012.

1. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks winman, as usual you show true grace in our discourses though we disagree.

When it comes to human opinion and interpretation of disputed passages, I always try to be objective. I'm sure you do as well.

This could easily become a thread where we would/could post quotes from every interpretation of what is called "original sin" (there are three - possibly four varying views) derived from Romans 5:12 (and a few other passages) but that could also quickly become counter productive.

HankD

2. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would like to post something that I understand probably not one of you would agree with but may offer room for thought. Also please show me where it isn't per the word of God.

God made this statement which I firmly believe: Gen. 2:17 YLT and of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, thou dost not eat of it, for in the day of thine eating of it -- dying thou dost die.' What does that mean other than just what it says. To be or not to be.

Satan the adversary, to man and also to the Son of Man, said: Gen. 3:4 YLT And the serpent saith unto the woman, `Dying, ye do not die,

Somebody lied. Who?

Before the man had been created who had been told what God said in Gen. 2:17 The Lamb of God, the Son of Man, the Son of God was slain, killed and or would die. This by the very nature of the word has to mean the very same thing as is stated in Gen. 2:17. Death

Also about the same moment I would assume. From the foundation of the world, and or KJV before the world began; YLT before times of ages, This statement is made by Paul. Titus 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

There has been only one born of woman who lived a completely sinless life not subject to death because of sin, that being Jesus of Nazareth who was the only begotten of the Spirit God Holy. Yet he died the death appointed to the first man Adam. For whom do you believe the promise of the hope of eternal life was made? Who has received that promise?

Would there be any life to give anyone outside of the resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth from the dead?

1 Cor 15:13,14 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen: And if Christ be not risen, then [is] our preaching vain, and your faith [is] also vain.

John 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

Is that verse just as true as what God told the first man Adam?

1 cor 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam a quickening spirit. When?
    John 5:21 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth

All who have ever lived die because it was appointed unto men once to die and the sin of Adam brought death to all men.