1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is your view on the inspiration of Scripture?

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Mark-in-Tx, May 31, 2002.

1. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Why? You are suggesting that the Word of God has multiple meanings, when people can see different things and both be right. Yet here you are denying that you and I can see different things in the same statement and both be right.

In so doing, you have proven my point. Language only has one meaning as normally used. The science of hermeneutics is to get at that meaning so as not to misunderstand what is being said. You have obviously understood my single meaning and have rejected it. I submit to you that all language (even Scripture) is just as you and I have used it here -- a single meaning.

2. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

Mark-in-Tx,
    [QUOTE Marke-in-Tx] "I have about 20 people in my Sunday School class and across the board each has an interpretation of scripture that varies somewhere in the Bible.
    How do you identify the single true one?
    Mark being confused"

Mark, Pastor Larry has given as good an answer as I could, it is study, time and the leading of the Holy Spirit. I don't have a big problem with christians that differ from my interpretation as long as we agree on the fundamentals of who Christ is and that Christ paid the price of our salvation(even if one is Calvinistis or making a decision to accept the free gift of salvation) and a few other fundamentals.
    But if you use the bible and tell me what it calls sin isn't sin, I can't buy it.
    Bob