1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

what kind of baptist are you

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by kev, Dec 31, 2001.

1. Deitrich B

Deitrich B New Member

Hey Jimmy & Clint
    Thats the problem "the boyz" in Nashville dont want you to think for yourseves it threatens their authority. Freedom is an ugly word to the SBC hierarchy.
    DB

2. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus New Member

I came from a BBFIC, served in a WBFC, started a church with a PCBBFI Pastor, then Interim-Pastored a WBF Mission church, then served in Nonaffilated Independant Bapt. Church and finallllly, I pastor a Baptist Church. Too independant to have a Baptist Pope, too independant and barely illuminated so's we can be, hopefully, like our forebare Baptists and remain true to the Groom. We are who we are here in Fair Oaks because, before got our sign up at the church some Jehovah Witnesses came by and started in on us. We would not tell them any name as to who we were. They thot us to be a militant bunch. They gave us our name -- "you're a bunch of Baptists aren't you". Besides -- God knows what kind of Baptist we all are--- and are not.
    I Thank You.