1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What kind of lifestyle are you enabling if you give to pandhandlers?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Alcott, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Tim71

Tim71 Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I give to them

Matthew 25:36-40
    For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
    36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
    37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
    38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
    39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
    40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What about you dont work - you dont eat?

3. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You give to them meat, drink, lodging, clothes, and visits? How much? How many?

4. Tim71

Tim71 Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree

5. Tim71

Tim71 Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe our Lord will lay it upon our hearts on how much to give.

6. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    'How much DID you give?' was the question. In the month of March how many people have you given meat and how much? How many strangers did you take in? How many of you shirts, your trousers, your shoes and underwear did you give? How many prisoners did you visit? How many sick people?

7. Tim71

Tim71 Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I haven't done everything you mentioned in the last month. I know I don't measure up in this area and I fall short by a whole lot. If my paths cross someone who is in need I would like to think that I would help that person as much as I could Why do you ask?

8. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you; good answer. I ask because some people come on these threads to indicate condemnation of those who actually discern people and situations, claiming we should give to everybody who holds out a cup and makes him/herself look pitiable-- as well as claiming Christians should be left-wingers in all social stances-- while there is little doubt they themselves have homes and money they don't give-- because if they did give to everyone who asks, they would have virtually nothing.

9. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree that discernment is required. When my brother was in the seminary he preached at the Salvation Army shelter. A m,an came to him and said he needed bus fare to go to his father's funeral. Jim didn't give him the money but agreed to meet him at the bus station the next morning. He bought him a ticket and watched him get on the bus.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The only thing I would add - would be - "Ticket non-refundable"