1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What kind of pets do you have:

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Feb 12, 2013.

?
  1. I have no pets.

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. I have a cat(s).

8 vote(s)
    47.1%
  3. I have a dog(s).

9 vote(s)
    52.9%
  4. I have fish.

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  5. I have a turtle.

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  6. I have a horse.

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  7. I have a ferret.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. I have a rabbit.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. I have hamster or gerbil.

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  10. Other. Please list.

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bronconagurski

Bronconagurski New Member

The tri-color, Bandit, was the one we had that could jump 6 feet as well. They really are fast. Their natural enemy in Africa, where they originated, was big rats. They were used to hunt small game and the owners valued them so much they would take better care of them then their own self.

My wife's granny used to come over for women's bible studies and she always carried crackers in her pocket book. Well, while the ladies were opening in prayer, Luke, our black and white, went in her pocket book and got the crackers out and ate them. It really got away with Granny, she laughed and laughed. My wife made a cake, iced it and had it on the table and he jumped up there and had half the cake eaten before I could get him down. They were rascals from day one. We really miss them too.

2. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, am I the only one here willing to admit to having a hamster (or 2?)

I've found they make great pets. They don't cost a fortune to feed, and you only have to feed them and clean the cage once a week.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are still in mourning for ours......but I seem to be the only ones with two turtles, coy & goldfish in the pond outside (Popsicles right now)

4. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

We had a Pekingese for many years whose habits, mannerisms, and looks were so similar to a cat's! She passed away in July of 07 and I still miss her so much! Sometimes when I see the neighbor's cat walking along at a distance she reminds me so much of our Peke!

5. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

Currently we don't have any pets. But in the past, we have had everything from cats and dogs to squirrels, birds, and hamsters. The squirrels were great fun, and were very tame.

My son has two dogs, a pomeranian and a golden retriever. I count them as my grand dogs. :)

6. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I have a dog, a Pomeranian.