1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What led to the downfall of major denominations?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Mar 5, 2015.

1. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are right. They are neither evangelical or Arminian. I know there are born again pastors in the UMC. They are few and far between especially in the Ichabod Northeast. Most of the others have no theological identity. Nothing! They are comfortable putting Friedrich Nietzsche and the Apostle Paul on equal footing.

I crossed swords with them for 13 years. I spent most of my time standing between the powers and the congregations protecting the flock from the wolves within the camp. I don't mean to discourage you in your letter writing but understand they are as deeply committed to their permutation of religion as you are to yours. I stayed three years longer than I wished because the folks in the pews were starving for the Word. For those above me...

Among these are Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I have delivered over to Satan, so that they may be taught not to blaspheme.
    1 Timothy 1:20 NAS77

2. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well I do not only write them, as I write cults, and catholics as well. I do have a phone meeting with a UMC pastor coming up. But yes probably a wasted effort as terms of persuading them. But I am not to persuade just to plant seeds of the gospel and let God draw the elect to salvation. The UMC apostates are probably not the elect but regardless I always strive to give them a fair warning of the burning hell they will be facing and the blackest darkness (book of Jude) they will receive. With some I have written them a second follow up letter and talked much about Hell and the black darkness and terror that awaits them. I also use my most condemning tracts (from Chic Tracts) to hand them. I only do this if they remain proud. But if they humble themselves and are open to what I have to say I will give them grace.

3. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One word in rebuttal: Whom.