1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What makes a Lock-in Successful?

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by tinytim, Mar 1, 2006.

1. standingfirminChrist

lol

Yup~ and I ain't gonna change it. Someone has to know ya made a mistake. lol

2. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

who meeeee??? Just cause you got some dsl or somethin' fast dont mean nuttin'!!!!! At least I got quality. (ouch) [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. standingfirminChrist

lol.

btw... I still say what makes a lockin successful is to hide the key once ya get 'em in.

4. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

I think you are right!!!!!! Thats the best line I have heard in days. [​IMG]

5. CTTYaz

CTTYaz New Member

ask the students- that way you can't go wrong. don't accept all ideas of course.

6. MRCoon

MRCoon New Member

I have different lock-ins here based on what we want to discuss. Some lock-ins are combined, some just for the guys or just for the girls. This way we can focus in on certain gender specific activities and gender specific topics. We always start with games then devotion then food then more games then optional bedtime/or games then more games food and devotional. I pick people ahead of time to provide the devotionals based on what our topic is. I have done combined lock-ins at the Church and some at my house or another youth workers house and then we have even rented a private beach house (usually the gender seperated lock-ins) to allow for bonfires adn a change of pace and relaxing environment. I ould say never make them the same and operate it sort of like VBS...have a little bit for everybody.

I choose games that range from outdoor capture the flag to indoor chair games and some require skill and some require silliness the more people that can be involved the better. Take lots of pics...teens love pics and then print them out so that Sunday they will be hanging in the teen room and they talk about it more and share the stories and those who didn't come will be so interested they come next time. I also give out awards for the winners and then make up silly awards so just about everyone gets something and then don't give them out until Sunday School. Here is a good resource for games and you cna choose whatever indoor, outdoor, high energy, low energy, whatever...tons of games...www.gamesecretary.com

7. Songbird

Songbird New Member

This happened to us, too last year I think. We had a lock-in a few weeks ago for our JV AWANA. They practiced their AWANA games for about an hour. Then we ate pizza. Then we went to play lazer tag in which I, a 43 year old woman, came in 2nd place--2X's and there were over 25 of us. lol

When we came back to the church the played basketball. We had a short devotional. Then they played "Underground Church". Don't ask me, I still don't know how to play. We also had some really good videos (Christian comedy and other clean stuff) available. I brought my jewelry supplies in case the girls wanted to make earrings or bracelets. But they were too busy playing. We had board games, too.

I lay down at 3a.m. but all I could hear was the thump thump of the basketballs being bounced. I didn't say a word b/c it was their lock-in.

I told my dh the next day how cool it was that we didn't have to call our kids down and there didn't seem to be any disagreements.

Enjoy!

8. gtbuzzarp

gtbuzzarp New Member

I wanna hear the part about the cops. :D

9. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Speaking of cops, one of our usual chaperones is a cop and since she had to work the midnight shift, we surprised her witha visit. We got a tour of a cop car and got to push cool buttons. :D

What makes a cool lock-in? Cool kids, a midnight run to Krispy Kreme (no, I didnt partake ;) ) and a little preparation.

10. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

11. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

[​IMG] Well, ya see, Mama don't. She's too old. But Tater do. [​IMG]

12. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Ahhh thanks for getting me straight on that [​IMG]

13. patrick

patrick New Member

Besides my great teaching. My guys look foward to ultimate wiffle ball. We set the field up in the gymn and play ball for about 4 hours. They love it. The girls, led by my wife do their own thing during this time. Underground church is also popular here.

Also, having plenty of food. My kids can eat.

I think a lot depends on your group. I can throw a basketball out and my guys are happy.

Try a city wide D-Now. We did, it was awesome. Over 400 kids and 9 churches were involved. Had group worship and rec time. It was awesome.

14. Godsmuiscgirl07

Godsmuiscgirl07 New Member

foot volley ball i a must!!!!