1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What matters is keeping the Commandments of God

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by BobRyan, Dec 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    1 Cor 7:19 "But what matters is keeping the Commandments of God"

Rom 2
    7 to those who by perseverance in doing good seek for glory and honor and immortality, eternal life;

13 for it is not the hearers of the Law who are just before God, but the doers of the Law will be justified.

14 For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves,
    15 in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them,
    16 on the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge the secrets of men through Christ Jesus.

2. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

Come on Bob, I have two threads challenging you to answer simple questions. Why are you so afraid to answer simple questions? I will tell you why! Because you know if you attempt to answer those simple questions your interpretation will be exposed for what it is - misinterpretation of the scriptures.

3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I thank you for those threads. I find them very helpful.

There happens to be another web site consuming a lot of my board-time recently but I will try to be more focused here ;)

in Christ,

Bob

4. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Christ is the end of the Law to Believers !

Rom 10:4

For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

This scripture is basically saying that Christ has fulfilled the Law for all those who are believing ! Christ has fulfilled all of the ceremonial Law for it prefigured His blood cleansing death, and He fulfilled all of the Moral Law, with perfect, spotless, and sinless obedience to every detail of it !

All whom Christ died for are dead to the Law in order that they can serve in newness of life Rom 7:4

4Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Paul tells these believers that they were made dead to the Law how? Not by their believing, though that would occur, not by their freewill, but by the body of Christ, which means His Death 1 Pet 2:24

Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

All True Believers are dead to the law, in that it has no commanding power over them, no condemning power, no curse to worry about. Those whom Christ did not die for, are under obligation to keep the Law of God Perfectly.

Christ has honored God's Law to the Highest degree possible for all those He died for, that He was made a curse for. The end was so in order that we should be married to another, that is to Christ. That means all whom Christ died for shall come into a experiential fellows hip with Him 1 Cor 1:9

God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

That word fellowship is the greek word koinōnia:

fellowship, association, community, communion, joint participation, intercourse

a) the share which one has in anything, participation

b) intercourse, fellowship, intimacy

1) the right hand as a sign and pledge of fellowship (in fulfilling the apostolic office)

c) a gift jointly contributed, a collection, a contribution, as exhibiting an embodiment and proof of fellowship

Amen, all for whom Christ died are called into, intimacy with Him,joint participation, communion with Him.

This He did, accomplished by His death, and causing us [If True Believers] to be dead to the law, to be married to Him.

Paul says the same thing in 2 Cor 5:14

15And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

5. Christos doulos

Christos doulos New Member

Keeping the commandments is impossible.

6. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

Are you certain of that?
    1Jn 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
    1Jn 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
    1Jn 2:5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

7. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Yes, ask adam about that !

8. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

Guilt is not the response of one not being able to perform an impossibility.........unless one could feel guilt for not being able to stand flat footed and jump over the moon. Who knows, some on this list may feel guilt for failure of such impossibilities. I have heard some say something to the effect that they had to repent for the way they were born.:confused:

#228 Heavenly Pilgrim, Jan 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2012
  9. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

The Main Purpose for the Law !

The Main Purpose for the Law was for the Lord Jesus Christ to come up under it, and fulfill all of it's Holy precepts, and bare it's punishment for it's violation in behalf of God's Elect. It was in this that God's Law would be magnified and made honorable ! Isa 42:21

The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This thread will be closed due to length and antiquity.
    The thread is two to three years old; most of the posters have already left the board. If you want to start another thread on the same topic feel free. Please do not dig up archived threads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.