1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Movie Compares To Salvation In Reality?

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by Enow, Aug 20, 2009.

?
  1. The Matrix: Jesus is the One putting away sin & death in our reality for everyone

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. Rocky: Where believers are committed to be trained and geared up to fight for eternal life.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Alien: Believers have to overcome sin in them by whatever means possible before it kills them.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Star Trek: Only believers united in The True Church will go where no man has gone before

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. Groundhog Day: Where believers relive the Day of Pentecost over and over again for salvation.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Stargate: Jesus is the means to be a citizen in the Kingdom of God by a step of faith.

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  7. All of the above

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. None of the above

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  9. Cannot pick a choice at this time

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  10. Other Movie: Reply below in how it would convey salvation in our reality.

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Was that her name? I can't recall even though I did read the books (and I saw the movies).

2. Enow

Enow New Member

Which one was that? Was it the one in the scene where Frodo met with the elf by some fountain? My memory is not that good on this.

3. billwald

billwald New Member

There is no test to demonstrate that we are NOT living in the Matrix. Anyway, the problem of first cause boils down to "God" and "always was" and there is no test to tell which is correct, not in this life. Jesus would have to return and teach us.

4. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Narnia, When Edmond sells out his friends for some Turkish Delight, Aslan pays the penalty and dies while the White Witch (Jadis) takes pleasure in his death. To me, this was a perfect picture of how Christ took on our sin at the cross because he loved us so much.

5. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Galadriel - Lady of light. Queen of the Elves at Lothlorien in the 3rd Age of Middle earth. She is the daughter of the Noldor Lord Finarfin and his wife Earwin and was born in the Undying lands during the age of the awakening of the trees. She later becomes the ward of Thingol (king of the Sindar elves in Beleriand) and Melian (a Maia or the lessor Ainur of whom Gandalf an Istari was also Maia whose original name was Olorin while at the gardens of Irmo under the tuteledge of Nienna a Valar) and studies under Melian at Doraith. Her father was killed by Morgoth and she becomes the greatest Noldor save Finwe. She came to middle earth after the kinslaying and returns at the end of the third age. She is also married to Celeborn.
    Does that help?

6. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    None of them. I use the Bible.

7. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The obvious ...
    The Passion of the Christ
    Narnia
    Lord of the Rings Trilogy - especially The Return of the King
    Luther

Others
    I Robot (I am unique, made by my creator for a purpose)
    Groundhog Day (where everyday is meaningless until he quits living for himself)

8. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

I think we need to be careful not to "sanctify" movies and entertainment too much (like the churches doing Andy Griffith Show Bible studies - blech), but I will play along for fun. I heard this from Chuck Colson back when the movie was out, but he pointed out in Saving Private Ryan, when the Tom Hanks character is dying, he tells the Matt Damon character to "Earn this." But then the scene flashes forward some 50 years later when the Matt Damon character is old and is reflecting on that, and he realizes that he can't "earn" the gift that those soldiers gave him - they paid the ultimate sacrifice to go find him to bring him home. And the same thing applies to our salvation - we can't "earn" the gift of salvation through Christ.

Anyways, I always thought that was an interesting way to think of that movie.