1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

what music is over the line for you?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by timothy 1769, Feb 27, 2003.

1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is also the feeling he wants to elicit.

2. Dan Stiles

Dan Stiles New Member

Using some of the criteria listed here, I guess we'd have to do away with all waltzes, marches, pretty much anything written in 6/8, 3/4, or 2/2 time. Get out your hymnals and rip those pages out right now! I agree with whoever said to listen to it and you'll know (or words to that effect). If the Holy Spirit is in you and you are in God - you'll know. And you might even be able to witness from a basis of some of this music you decry. I once mentioned to a friend that I could write a sermon using any song (BTW, that wasn't a good thing to say) and got challenged to write one based on her favorite Willie Nelson rendition of "Blue Eyes Cryin' in the Rain." I actually got two sermons out of it.

3. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

No, marches are acceptable, was my point. In fact, Cloud and others have even said that the beat should be marching. Waltzing also somehow comes out as OK. I guess because it is traditional and not the "boogieing" beat of the jungle". Anything but that! :rolleyes:

4. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

This is a joke, right?

5. Preacher Nathan Knight

I just listen to good old southern gospel and it keeps me happy and praising. [​IMG]

6. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

This is a joke, right? </font>[/QUOTE]It's hard to tell anymore.