1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What One Thing Would You Change About Seminary

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Siberian, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Siberian

Siberian New Member

The Gospel Coalition asked Mohler, Carson, Louie and Pratt what they would change about seminary - read about it here.

What is one thing YOU would change?

2. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

Great article!

Mohler, Carson, and Pratt have truly echoed a strong case that echoes in my heart. I think the problems these three noted would have been solved my mixing church ministry with theological training. I am for teaching the various lapsarian views, but few would be able to relate this in the battles of ministry. Being more integrated would help keep us from segmenting academics and ministry.

Great article, thanks for sharing.

3. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

I did my seminary work under Mohler at SBTS.

If I could change but one thing, I would make it a requirement that every student take at least one extended mission trip to some place where the gospel has not yet penetrated.

If that is too ambitious an idea, I would just as much require every graduating student to take the Nehemiah Project coursework for Church Planting. It, next to biblical languages, was the most pragmatic and valuable course work I took while at seminary, as it examined all aspects of church starting, visioning, and planning.

I might also be inclined to add a course on "eternity" to the curriculum. It is amazing that we don't really teach much at all about the place we are all trying to inherit by God's grace.