1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What percent of Baptists are saved?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by trying2understand, Jul 22, 2003.

1. Tazman

Tazman New Member

Why haven't baptists disfellowshiped baptists (even baptist pastors)who run these juvenile detention centers where children are beaten, starved, tortured, and even murdered?

When these places get shut down, the baptists running them just move to another state and set up shop again.
    </font>[/QUOTE]What you are saying is the same with all denomininations, but there are a few that are not as large as Baptist and Catholics that has hold very close to teachings of the bible when it comes to disfellowship.

I personally grew up baptist and i NEVER experience personnaly any sexual abruse, but that doesn't mean it hasn't happend to friends and family members of mine. I've met some very nice people [​IMG] with that group, but I've meet some pretty mean :mad: people that were just plain evil. But you will find that ALMOST anywhere.

This is when I was younger.
    I'm no longer apart of that group because of its teachings. I'm not part of the Catholic group because of its teaching, though I have to admit (to the baptist shame) that I've found more scripturally sound Catholic on this website than baptist. This is my own observation.

The fact of the matter is BOTH are wrong if they do not discipline those that are in sin. The Church (whome ever you believe that to be) has to stand up and distance themselve from such people. God see's these sins as a virus that will spiritually kill the BODY of Christ over time. [​IMG]

Most religions are businesses to people and are built that way (To its shame). And no longer looks to uphold Christ in its Congregations.

The Baptist are guilty of this as well. God sees no difference of sin in any group.

A lack of openess and resolution biblically kills faith.

2. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

Openly contradicting the scriptures also kills faith, and Churches, however you define the word, that openly defy God in their practices are killing the faith of their people. They "water down" God's words by their own practices.

Woe to the clergy in those churches for they are not only condoning sin they are raising openly sinning people to positions of leadership within the church instead of doing what the church is supposed to do. Yes, accept sinners into the church, for we have all sinned. But don't make unrepentant sinners into church leaders.

If one does not have the basic human understanding to know that "Gayness" is willful disobedience of God, how can they know what to teach others about God?

How can the preach the word of God that says "thou shalt not steal, thou shalt not covet, thou shalt not kill, etc. They themselves are stealing from God in Keeping their own sinful selves by practicing their sin. They themselves are coveting what God has ordained for Man and Woman, they themselves are killing what God established for life. I'm using some license here, but the illustration remains true. Those who practice sin are indeed in violation of God's law and life principles and are failing to repent from sin. "The lost" cannot lead "the found", lest they all be lost!

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

So you say. Oh wait, you still only talk about what you personally have seen and not seen.

If you have never, never seen; then I guess it has never, never happened. :rolleyes:
    </font>[/QUOTE]You don't read very carefully do you? Ever heard of Abraham Lincoln? Get the idea yet? I have READ plenty without ever seeing any of it to make me sick of what goes on in the Catholic Church without any disciplinary action being taken. I don't have to SEE it.
    Do you understand it yet, or do you need it spelled out.
    DHK

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Why haven't baptists disfellowshiped baptists (even baptist pastors)who run these juvenile detention centers where children are beaten, starved, tortured, and even murdered?

When these places get shut down, the baptists running them just move to another state and set up shop again.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Do you have evidence of this happening?

5. Tazman

Tazman New Member

DHK & T2U,

I have a question for both of you.

What if, in your own congregation, any member including "LEADERS" commits sexual sin, preach a gospel other than what your congregation teaches what will you do?

Would you personnally allow them to stay in the fellowship?

What if the church want them to stay regardless of the bible and what you know of scriptures?

What if different people throughout your congregation start to immitate, and yet nothing is done about it?

Even deeper! What if you have children, that because of their surroundings, starts to think differently about obeying GODS WORD? Would you leave at that point.

I have a child, and tell ya what, I don't care what Group I say I'm apart of, if these things are going on, "As for me and my household, I will FOLLOW THE LORD"! [​IMG]

And if that means me re-evaluating whats been taught to me or learned over the years, then that's what I will do. I want my family to go to heaven and everyone else also. I think we all have this heart, when it comes down to it.

Remnants were always formed of those who refused to worship another GOD.

Peace to all who universally tied to Christ through his Blood and Spirit [​IMG]

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

In a Baptist church the form of government is congregational. That is, at each business meeting each member of the church has one vote, including the pastor. The pastor is but the chairman. Even if the pastor is caught in sexual sin, the steps of Matthew 18 must be followed.
    1. Go to him and tell him his offence, that he might repent.
    2. Go to him with one or two others, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
    3. Bring the matter before the church.
    4. If unrepentant: Let him be as a heathen and a publican unto you; meaning disfellowshipped.
    Repentance is the primary motive.

But in sexual sin of a pastor, even though repentance is the goal, he still automatically disqualifies himself from the ministry.

So if the allegations against the pastor or any other leader are found to be true, it is the duty of the church to vote such a person out of the church--take disciplinary action. It is the church's responsibility.

And if serious crimes have been committed, such as pedophelia, then the police should be notified right away.

Yes, I have seen it happen in two different churches.
    DHK

7. Tazman

Tazman New Member

DHK, you've answered some of my question but left others unanswered.

What if the "CHURCH" knowing that the individual has not repented, but yet decides to keep this person in the fellowship against Gods word, would YOU stay :confused:

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It the person in question was a pastor or one of the leaders of the church, there would be no question about it. I would leave.
    Concerning others it would depend on the circumstances. We hold different Christians to different levels of accountability simply based on the principle, "The more light one is given, the more accountable he is." Also, right or wrong, there are some sins in the realm of immorality (like pedophilia) that the public do not tolerate nearly as much as others, though all such immoral acts are very serious crimes in God's sight.
    DHK

9. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Matthew 7:21-23, "Not everyone who says to Me, `Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. "Many will say to Me on that day, `Lord, Lord , did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' "And then I will declare to them, `I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.'