1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What Specific Things Today Would We As Believers Need Faith For?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by JoReba, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: If sin is the normal for you as a believer, why cannot it properly be stated that you walk daily in sin? Just asking, using your own testimony.

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Sin is normal for you as a believer.
    That means you sin every day, whether or not you want to admit it. You lie, You sin in your mind. You sin by omission--not praying without ceasing, or carrying out the Great Commission, etc. There are many ways to sin.
    "Every idle word that a man shall speak he shall so give account of in the day of judgment."
    --Have you ever spoken an "idle word"?

Walking in sin is different. It denotes a lifestyle. The believer's lifestyle gives forth the fruit of the Spirit, though he may fail here and there for he isn't perfect. After all he does have a sin nature and does sin. We are sinners and wait for the redemption of our bodies. But our walk is with God. If it were perfect then the Lord would have written 1John 1:9 all in vain.

3. Heavenly Pilgrim

If sin is the normal for the believer, how is that not a lifestyle??

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Do you sin?
    How often?
    Every day?

5. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Why did you falsely accuse HP of slander then you turned around and said exactly what we said you said?
    Why should anyone answer these questions, because you will just call them a liar? That is what you said to me when I told you I do not sin with lusts of my flesh anymore. As for sinning with thoughts, you have a lot of time during your waking hours to practice making them obedient to the Lord. Just because you are unsuccessful does not mean all are.

6. Heavenly Pilgrim

I have never stated I have never sinned, neither have i ever stated I have lived in sinless perfection. As a matter of fact, I will leave my walk with the Lord to judge. I will tell you one thing though. I do not sin as a normal practice in my life, neither do I sin daily as you falsly suggest that all do.

Now, if ones daily walk involves the daily practice of sin as being the normal, why is that not a sinful lifestyle?

I am not your judge DHK, but with your own testimony you open the door wide for questions such as I am asking. Maybe you might consider changing your testimony if you are not walking and practicing sin on a daily basis. If sin is the normal for your walk, and your testimony remains unchanged, count on it being brought up and questioned.:thumbsup:

7. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You are accusing all of lying everyday?

If you do not think you sound like an accuser, then tell me what one sounds like.

8. Heavenly Pilgrim

On the OP: I personally need to exercise faith daily to live a life pleasing to the Lord and to keep me from sinning against Him. :thumbs:

9. Heavenly Pilgrim

Try it! Put God to the test!

Co 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Temptation is indeed common to man, but never let it be said once among us that daily sin is common to us as believers in such a God! Release your faith!

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I didn't accuse him of anything.
    I asked him three questions. A question is not an accusation.

You seem to want to turn everything I say into things I don't say. Two can play at that game.

Did you finally give up your drunkenness last Friday? Just asking?

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You clearly don't understand the doctrine of harmatiology. And because of that you make false accusations. You are also reluctant to answer three questions clearly:

Do you sin?
    How often do you sin?
    Do you sin every day?

12. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You did accuse HP of slandering you.

In addition, you have a twisted way of speaking. Why would you even say such nonsense about drunkenness and me last Friday?

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Romans 3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar;

Will you at least believe God?

14. Moriah

Moriah New Member

DHK,

Do you really not think you sound like an accuser?

15. Heavenly Pilgrim

AND, never once allow the enemy of our souls try to keep us from sharing the promised deliverance from sin, as if though when one does he is being boastful, proud etc. It is humility, NOT PRIDE, to testify when GOD provides the way of escape, and that on a daily basis as the normal walk of the believer! When we testify as to God's keeping power, it is God that receives the praise, not ourselves!

"One is only discouraged if the problems we face are bigger than our God. How Big is your God?" P.L. Lidell

16. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: How about you DHK? Will you?:)

17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

That is because he did. Instead of quoting what I said, he stated what he thought I said, and in so doing misrepresented me by misquoting me.
    You just accused me of accusing HP of something he did do.
    How does it feel to be accused unrighteously?

18. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I listen to and obey God's Word.

1 John 3:9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.

1 John 3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.

3 John 1:11 Dear friend, do not imitate what is evil but what is good. Anyone who does what is good is from God. Anyone who does what is evil has not seen God.

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Three simple questions. They don't accuse anyone.
    Will you answer them?

20. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Your twisted speech and denial is going in circles.