1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What text version did Paul quote???

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by JesusIsLord, Feb 17, 2003.

1. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

KING JAMES AV 1611 said:

Reality is that the KJV is the word of God.

But everyone here already believes that. Why are you so upset?

Don't make me take your gold star away.

2. BrianT

BrianT New Member

Are you calling the KJV translators liars?!? Oh, OK. That helps your case I guess. :rolleyes:

3. Steve K.

Steve K. Guest

No I am calling the LXX a fabricated lie! Proven in "the answer book" by Sam Gipp. available at biblebelievers.com

4. BrianT

BrianT New Member

Let me make this simple for you: When the KJV translators said it existed, and that it was also the word of God, were they telling a truth or telling a lie?

5. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Remember that to a KJV-onlyist, "proven" means "something I read in a book once."

6. Steve K.

Steve K. Guest

The LXX is,was and will always be a lie.Is that simple enough for you.

7. BrianT

BrianT New Member

Let me make this simple for you: When the KJV translators said it existed, and that it was also the word of God, were they telling a truth or telling a lie?

Come on, I know you can answer the question....

8. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

KING JAMES AV 1611 said:

The LXX is,was and will always be a lie.

So you're saying the Old Testament is a lie?

9. David A Bayliss

David A Bayliss New Member

Wow ... I was tied up in the Jehovah's Witnesses at one point. That is exactly the mind-washing technique they use.

10. AV Defender

AV Defender New Member

No one has ever produced one verse or part of a verse or even a page or fragment from a pre-Christian LXX or even one before 220AD.

11. BrianT

BrianT New Member

Hey JYD, maybe you can answer a simple question that the other guy couldn't:

12. AV Defender

AV Defender New Member

Show me where they said it was the word of God.A Pre-Christian(before AD220) LXX mind you.Do they say this to the letter??

13. BrianT

BrianT New Member

14. Steve K.

Steve K. Guest

Brian there is no substance to your claim.

15. BrianT

BrianT New Member

Maybe it's too difficult for you to click on the link I provided. So, I'll copy the info here for you:

"But, when the fulness of time drew near, that the Sun of righteousness, the Son of God should come into the world, whom God ordained to be a reconciliation through faith in his blood, not of the Jew only, but also of the Greek, yea, of all them that were scattered abroad; then lo, it pleased the Lord to stir up the spirit of a Greek Prince (Greek for descent and language) even of Ptolemy Philadelph King of Egypt, to procure the translating of the Book of God out of Hebrew into Greek. This is the translation of the Seventy Interpreters, commonly so called, which prepared the way for our Saviour among the Gentiles by written preaching, as Saint John Baptist did among the Jews by vocal." (emphasis added)

"It is certain, that that Translation was not so sound and so perfect, but it needed in many places correction; and who had been so sufficient for this work as the Apostles or Apostolic men? Yet it seemed good to the holy Ghost and to them, to take that which they found, (the same being for the greatest part true and sufficient) rather than making a new, in that new world and green age of the Church, to expose themselves to many exceptions and cavillations, as though they made a Translations to serve their own turn, and therefore bearing a witness to themselves, their witness not to be regarded." (emphasis added)

"The translation of the Seventy dissenteth from the Original in many places, neither doeth it come near it, for perspicuity, gravity, majesty; yet which of the Apostles did comdemn it? Condemn it? Nay, they used it...which they would not have done, nor by their example of using it, so grace and comment it to the Church, if it had been unworthy the appellation and name of the word of God." (emphasis added)

When the KJV translators said it existed, and that it was also the word of God, were they telling a truth or telling a lie?

16. AV Defender

AV Defender New Member

That is for a post 220AD LXX,the fact remains that NO ONE has produced one verse or a part verse from a pre-Christian LXX.Produce one if you can..

17. BrianT

BrianT New Member

Post 220AD??? Did you even read what I provided????

18. Steve K.

Steve K. Guest

Brian shame on you for trying to pull a fast one.Please do not resort to deceit.

19. BrianT

BrianT New Member

Um, hello? Did the post not show up for you for some reason???? [​IMG]

20. AV Defender

AV Defender New Member

Yes I did, does not prove squat.They may have believed in it,but where is the proof they or anybody else had acces to it? If they could not produce it then,what makes you think anybody else can now?? That is because it is non-exsistent.