1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What text version did Paul quote???

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by JesusIsLord, Feb 17, 2003.

1. Steve K.

Steve K. Guest

I could not have said it better JYD. AMEN!
    The LXX is,was and always will be a lie!

2. BrianT

BrianT New Member

Um, hello? I was asked to back up my claim that the KJV translators believed in it, and called it the word of God. I did that, so you could answer the question:

When the KJV translators said it existed, and that it was also the word of God, were they telling a truth or telling a lie?

Come on, give it a try! It's a *really easy* question. [​IMG]

3. Steve K.

Steve K. Guest

Where in what you posted does it prove that they are talking about the LXX you cling to? Your post proves nothing of the kind.Since the LXX does not exist your question does not either.

4. BrianT

BrianT New Member

Read slower. What do you think they are talking about, chopped liver?

Now not even my question exists? :D :D :D This just keeps getting better! And now I'm even understanding KJV-only logic better: if you don't like something, deny that it even exists! :D :D :D

5. Anti-Alexandrian

I have known people who believed in Santa Clause; just because they think it's real dont make it true.

6. BrianT

BrianT New Member

Hi MV-Neverist. I agree, but I'll ask you the same question the others keep tripping over:

When the KJV translators said it existed, and that it was also the word of God, were they telling a truth or telling a lie?

7. Steve K.

Steve K. Guest

The Lxx has been proven by documented material to be a myth,a lie, a falsehood etc.. Why do you insist on trying to prove it's not? Is it because you will not accept truth?

8. BrianT

BrianT New Member

I'm not trying to prove or disprove the LXX. I'm trying to prove the KJV translators believed in it.

9. Anti-Alexandrian

I dont know,you tell me.I would like to see this hard evedence of a BC Septuagint.

10. Steve K.

Steve K. Guest

They did not say it existed.Read what you posted and think about what you are saying.Your post given for proof does not say LXX.You are manufacturing that just like MV promoters always do.

11. BrianT

BrianT New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

What do you think they are referring to, chopped liver? What Greek translation, done by Seventy Interpreters under Ptolemy Philadelph King of Egypt, which prepared the way for our Saviour among the Gentiles by written preaching and was accepted by the Holy Spirit, the Apostles and the church, do you think they are referring to and calling the word of God?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Steve K.

Steve K. Guest

Little trouble with math Brian? The myth LXX is supposedly a translation work done by 72 Jewish scholars six from each of the tribes of Israel. So it would have to be LXXII . Once again Brian you have no substance to your issue.

13. BrianT

BrianT New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I'm NOT TALKING about the LXXII, I'm talking about the LXX.

> Once again Brian you have no substance to your issue.

Really? Then what were the KJV translators talking about????

14. Steve K.

Steve K. Guest

Obviously not the "book on your shelf". They would have known that was the Devil's work.

15. BrianT

BrianT New Member

[​IMG] Really? Then again, what were they talking about?

16. Bible-belted

Bible-belted New Member

Let's get some facts staright. The LXX is also known as theSeptuagint and is often referred to as simply the Greek OT. It is mentioned in at least 4 sets of ancient documents the earliest of which dates to the 2nd century BC. The historical value of that earliest document is disputed, butonly inthe deatils of how LXX came about. That earliest document is held to be reliable in establishing the origin of the Greek OT as dating to the 3rd century BC.

More teling though for estabishing th origin of the Seotuagint is te fact that it is believed that some DSS contain the Hebrew text that underlies the LXX. Let me explain.

The LXX differs significantly at times from the Masoretic text. Until the DSS there was little accounting for this difference. But some of the DSS have been found to contain readings that also differ from the Masoretic, but AGREE with the LXX. (This factoid I got in conversation with Craig Evans.)

May I say at this point that mere assertions about fabrications are worthless. The ack of evideence to support the assertions are IMO evidence of the utter bankruptcy of the KJVO position.

17. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Brian,
    When someone denies reality, like those who refuse to acknowledge the existence of the LXX, there is not much else you can say to them.

I have agrued and even resorted to name calling, like they do. Not only does this not change their minds, but it only adds fuel to the fire.

The only answer is to hope that God will one day open their minds to the futility of their belief that the KJV is the only bible. Like one of the brothers said before, if someone wants to believe in Santa Clause, there is nothing you can do to stop them.

18. Pete Richert

Pete Richert New Member

I want the question answered. When the translators of the KJV wrote

"But, when the fulness of time drew near, that the Sun of righteousness, the Son of God should come into the world, whom God ordained to be a reconciliation through faith in his blood, not of the Jew only, but also of the Greek, yea, of all them that were scattered abroad; then lo, it pleased the Lord to stir up the spirit of a Greek Prince (Greek for descent and language) even of Ptolemy Philadelph King of Egypt, to procure the translating of the Book of God out of Hebrew into Greek. This is the translation of the Seventy Interpreters, commonly so called, which prepared the way for our Saviour among the Gentiles by written preaching, as Saint John Baptist did among the Jews by vocal." (emphasis added)"

where they telling the truth or where they telling a lie?

19. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi Pete,

Who are you asking?

I am TRO but not KJVO and as far as I'm concerned they were telling the truth.

HankD

20. Steve K.

Steve K. Guest

The LXX is a lie,false and does not exist.What men are trying to pass off as LXX has been proved to be false. Even the date of the writing of a so called LXX is a joke. Men attempting to corrupt God's word.