1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What to leave the kids!

Discussion in 'Money Talk$' started by Salty, Jan 16, 2023.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Marie Osmond isn't budging on her plan to leave her children out of her inheritance.

The former country singer, 63, opened up about her plans to donate her wealth to charity instead of leaving it to her seven kids.

"Honestly, why would you enable your child to not try to be something? I don’t know anybody who becomes anything if they’re just handed money,” Osmond told Us Weekly. “To me, the greatest gift you can give your child is a passion to search out who they are inside and to work. I mean, I’ve done so many things from designing dolls and much more. I love trying and I wanna try everything. I’m a finisher.”

Osmond, who found fame at a young age as a member of the famous Osmond family, is mother to eight children: Stephen, 39, Rachael, 31, Jessica, 35, Brandon, 26, Brianna, 24, Matthew, 23, and Abigail, 18. In 2010, her 18-year-old son, Michael, died by suicide.

The singer firmly believes that leaving wealth can discourage the younger generation from working hard.