1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What to send with church letters

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Salty, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    We will be sending out a request for a church letter this weekend.

I got thinking about something, how about if we send a picture of our church with the request. The purpose would be to establish a bond between the two churches.

Thoughts? any other ideals?

Salty

2. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I don't know what you would send when you request a letter, but I would suggest that many churches often might really like to send a 'Thank You!' card when granting a letter for someone. :rolleyes:

Ed

3. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

haha. Ain't that the truth!

How about sending a dowry, or a box of treasures.

4. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

A brief note from the pastor (or even the church clerk) about the people who have requested the letter.

Sometimes we get a request for a letter from someone who hasn't attended in years. The granting church should note that in its letter of transfer, and express pleasure that the person has found a place of service.

I would not include any dirt in such a letter. If the person was a troublemaker, or left in a disagreement, or even flagrant sin, a conversation between pastors seems to be in order.

Putting such information in writing exposes the church, and the writer, to a libel suit.

5. AAA

AAA New Member

Send along with your request prayers in love.

6. superwoman8977

superwoman8977 New Member

Okay if I had issues in my last church and my pastor sent the new letter to my new church and told them sorry but i would be upset. Isnt there such a thing as forgive and forget and turn over a new leaf?