1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What took so long?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Terry_Herrington, Feb 5, 2003.

1. Steve K.

Steve K. Guest

Thanks for documented proof!Loosen your lace boys your voices are starting to squeak.Pity you guys don't ever get into the real world and see what a real man is. A man who is not afraid to stand for the one true word of God the KJV.Bow down to your mv's if you want to .Not me!

2. Steve K.

Steve K. Guest

Definition of stupid arguementation;
    Anyone who says the book of Hebrews is doctrinal for church age saints.Larry who?

3. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

KING JAMES AV 1611 said:

Pity you guys don't ever get into the real world and see what a real man is.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

And I thought the participants in the Gay Pride parade were exhibitionists! You take the cake, Steve.

[ February 06, 2003, 06:18 PM: Message edited by: Ransom NASB 1995 TRULY GODS WORD ]

4. Steve K.

Steve K. Guest

Thank you for your confession of participating in the gay parade.Just one more piece of evidence that if you mess with God's word he messes with your mind.

5. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Thank you for your confession of participating in the gay parade.

* [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] *
    [​IMG] * * * [​IMG]
    * [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] *

Just one more piece of evidence that if you mess with God's word he messes with your mind.

So what's your excuse?

6. AV Defender

AV Defender New Member

I must ask for proof of King James being Efeminate;I mean really,is this the last ditch effort to discourage those who hold the KJB infallible? pretty desperate [​IMG]

7. BrianT

BrianT New Member

The title of the book is on the picture. Order today! Operators are standing by!

No, I was just asking for clarification if that's the kind of image he had in mind. *He* was making a desparate claim, I was just asking for clarification. ;)

[ February 06, 2003, 06:58 PM: Message edited by: BrianT ]

8. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Steve,
    Where did you get this preverted view of Hebrews from? Did it come from that theological giant Ruckman, or from one of his cronies?

Just who is Hebrews written to, if not to the church?

9. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm sure that I don't need to point out that the attire represented on the cover of the book was not considered effeminate in 1611. It was considered royal apparel at that time. Richard the Lion-Hearted dressed similarly but was anything but effeminate.

10. BrianT

BrianT New Member

I'm sure that I don't need to point out that the attire represented on the cover of the book was not considered effeminate in 1611. It was considered royal apparel at that time. Richard the Lion-Hearted dressed similarly but was anything but effeminate. </font>[/QUOTE]So you have a problem with my post, but not with the post that prompted me to respond? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brian, how can I refute this post. I have not met the men he's referring to. They very well may be effeminate. I personally haven't seen that trend, but he qualified his statement by limiting it to the "men that I know."

My problem with your post is that it wrongly portrays a man as being something that he is not. Perhaps you posted in jest; still, I needed to bring up what I did in my post.

12. BrianT

BrianT New Member

Oh, we're playing that game now are we? OK, how's this: I was not portraying a man as something he is not, I simply posted a picture and asked him if this is what the men he was referring to looked like. I made no comment on the picture myself, nor was trying to portray anyone as anything. I was simply seeking clarification.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

13. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

That's odd Terry because, in my experience, I have found just the opposite to be true.

How many outdated and dying churches have you visited to state your conclusion as truth? :rolleyes:

Sue

14. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

I make no such claims. I am just reporting my personal observations.

15. Faith Fact Feeling

Faith Fact Feeling New Member

If you think that's illogical. Try these on for size. God lived for infinity past, but waited until 6000 years ago to create the heavens and earth? God waited another 4000 years to provide a perfect savior? Does God not prepare his dispensations based on the "fulness of times" (Ephesians 1:10)? I would say God has demonstrated repeatedly that His behavior is often illogical in the perview of the wisdom of men. Your brand of logic is the same as was used to reject our savior.

16. Steven m.

Steven m. New Member

So many today that is guilty of true textual heresy with their modern day translations.

The KJV stands alone as the preserved,without error,Word of the living God and modern day translations have no place in Gods Churches.

I dont see these translations in the Fundamental,Independent,Baptist churches,so must be them darn ole southern baptist.lol
    [​IMG]
    Brother Miller

17. Hal Parker

Hal Parker New Member

"I dont see these translations in the Fundamental,Independent,Baptist churches . . . "

You may not have. But, I have. There are plenty who use other translations that are Independent Baptists.

18. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

You should get out more. I see them all the time in fundamental independent Baptist churches. In fact my own church uses one of "these translations." On occasion we use two or three of them.

19. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The key difference is that God said He would do and did these things in His Word. He never said that He would deliver the perfect English translation of the scriptures in 1611... or at any other time.

He said He created the world and promised a redeemer immediately after man's fall. References to creation and Christ are not oblique nor do they require massaging.

20. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Pastor Bob 63 said:

Brian, how can I refute this post.

What's to refute? It's specious argument.

Anecdotal evidence is an inductive fallacy. Specifically, it's a form of circular reasoning, because the person making the argument tends to draw his conclusions from cases that support his argument ("all the modern version users I know are effeminate") while ignoring any cases that mitigate it (the millions of modern version users who are not effeminate).