1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Truth Means To Me...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Matt22:37-39, Oct 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt22:37-39

Matt22:37-39 New Member

Fixed some errors and re posting...don't know how to delete other thread?

I was thinking tonight while in the hot tub, about something I had written earlier and is what I said is true for most, or am I the rare case? I pretty much said “Is it better to stand for TRUTH and what is RIGHT than to be LIKED” many would say it is better to be liked. I’m not talking about just what you say, but what you do as well.

Knowing my motto has always been standing up for what is right, even at the cost of something. I don’t mean to be obnoxious about it and I know at times I have, but for the most part I would have rather failed in my attempts in the eyes of man, than to COMPROMISE. As I looked back on why this is so strong for me? Why is this my motto for life and how have these TRUTHS seen me through life against ALL ODDS? I thought of four reasons I always try and go back to over and over again…..

1) TRUTH ABOUT GOD...His word is true. Am I perfect at obeying it all the time? No, but I cannot deny its truth. I may not always understand it, but I know it is "BEST” for me.

2) TRUTH ABOUT MYSELF. Think about it... if we do not understand who we are, what we want, and where are we going, and why, then how are we going to accomplish God’s will or anything we may desire that he wishes to bestow upon us? We have to go within and be honest with ourselves...what are my faults, what are my weaknesses and what can I do to improve them, so I can be all that I can be, who God wants me to be and what would be beneficial to those around me? It all starts with being HONEST about ME.

3) TRUTH ABOUT OTHERS. Wow this one is hard for me sometimes. I need to see others the way God see’s them. (for the most part I try and do this) I must realize that not everyone is like me. They may not want to work on their issues, or they may see things differently doesn’t make them wrong, they just think differently and are probably more RIGHT brain than I am, and that is the way it works for them. Everyone’s style of learning is different, and so many other things. I need to also be cautious and know most are not out for MY best interest, but often times their own. I must be aware of patterns of others that lead to a path I may not want to travel on. So understanding truth about others is important, so as not to take things so personal, and not to be taken advantage of.

4) TRUTH ABOUT THE ENEMY. I think one of the greatest thief of truth is the Devil, if he can lie to you about God and His word, then he really has a hold...he digs even deeper when he lies about WHO you are in Christ, does God really love you, if he really loved you then why so much pain? He LIES about others. His greatest tool is dissension (being OFFENDED) within the body and even without, when We/Christians should be different.

So when it comes to God's word I will stand by what I know to be true no matter what!

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Closed. Non-Baptist posting in areas for Baptist-only.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.