1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What was the Answer from God when you prayed God to forgive your sins?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Eliyahu, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you are a true believer and have a personal relationship with God, you must have confessed Him about your sins, or prayed Him to forgive your sins which you may have comitted from time to time, knowingly or unknowingly. Then what was the answer from Him?

How did God forgive your sins when you prayed?

Please tell us your actual testimony and experience instead of any theory.

Have you ever prayed God to forgive until He forgive you?

I hope everyone can testify the actual experience, if she or he is a true believer in Lord Jesus Christ.

#1 Eliyahu, Mar 23, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2007
  2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    2 Peter 1
    8For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
    9But if anyone does not have them, he is nearsighted and blind, and has forgotten that he has been cleansed from his past sins.

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

1 John1:9 .......

4. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This may be one area where I agree with Donna -

Has to happen some times!

5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Jhn 8:32And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

This is how I received my answer. I no longer was bound by sin nor was I the servant of sin anymore but "free".

6. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Simple question.

When the disciples said "teach us to pray" is the answer Christ gives - to be heeded by Christians today?

In Christ,

Bob

7. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some of the posters answered the question, and the others not.

But none of you has answered what God said to you when you prayed God to forgive your sins, or when you are broken-hearted and confessed your sins to God, after you were born again in the Lord Jesus.

I do understand some of you answered very well about teh forgiveness when he was born again.
    Now the question is How God resolve your sin problem when you committed the sins and confessed them to God as per 1 Joh 1:9-2:1.

SDA may claim ( I am not sure or don't know) that Jesus Christ sprinkle His blood each time whenever SDA believers commit sins. Bob may need to clarify on this.

How does God forgive you your sins after the Salvation?

8. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you ever received the answer from God that your sins are forgiven because you prayed enough?

9. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

1 John
    2 My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

10. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Amen! Preach it.

11. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In Heb 7-10 describes the high priestly role of Christ and that His blood cleanses us from sins. As the quote from Peter shows "sins that are past" are dealt with as we "confess our sins" and are "cleansed from all unrigtheouseness".

But definition - confession involves true repentance and turning from something you have done. Are you able to turn from what you have not done?

In Christ,

Bob

12. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, indeed we turn from the sin after we committed the sin.
    Where-to do we turn ourselves? This is the question. I re-translated Acts 3:19.

Repent and turn to the fact that your sins were wiped out ( already) at the Cross, so that ...

If I repeat the point, we turn to the past, toward the Cross of Jesus.

I don't argue against turning, but to the ultimate point of our turning.
    Without Cross, there is no reconciliation. God is different from Human. God will surely demand the price for the sin. If you cannot pay for it, you will be damned. But in my case, I always turn to Jesus and to what He did at the Cross.

13. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You insist not to ask God for forgiveness of your sins, yet you insist God ows you an answer which you won't stop nagging Him for? Now what answer could that be?

God gave the Answer to all human ills in, by, and through Jesus Christ. He is the forgiveness of sins. What's the difference then that prevents you from asking for forgiveness, but obliges you to keep on asking for an 'answer'?

Silly.

14. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    it's just like the charasmatics who ask and claim a grace greater than grace.

15. donnA

donnA Active Member

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. donnA

donnA Active Member

God has already spoken to us and told us how we know when He forgives sin. Why would He keep telling you? 1John 1:9

17. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Even among the true believers, one can miss that the sins committed after the salvation are forgiven only when we return to Jesus and to what He did at the Cross.

If you know the 10 attributes of God, it is very clear.
    You must remember that God told Moses about His 10 attributes before He gave 10 commandments. He said " forgiving iniquity and sin, but not without punishing the guilt" (Ex 34:7)

God is willing to forgive our sins, but not without punishing them. Can you understand this? If you are really a grown up believer, you must know this. God connected His personality with the 10 commandments even in Exodus 20 as well.

So, if anyone claims that she or he was forgiven by God, for the sins committed after Salvation without believing that the sins she or he confessed was forgiven at the Cross, she or he is telling a lie!

There is No redemption without shedding of Blood (Heb 9:22)
    Some Jews don't believe this even today, and some posters on this BB also claim the same! That's why I raised the question here.

How could you get the Forgiveness without shedding of Blood?

This is why I found the fundamental and big problem with the Catholic Mass, let alone Transubstantiation. I don't want to hijack the thread for myself and would stay with OP question.

How could you get the forgiveness from God when you sinned?(after Salvation)

#17 Eliyahu, Mar 24, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2007
  18. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    BR:

"Yes, indeed we turn from the sin after we committed the sin.
    Where-to do we turn ourselves? This is the question. I re-translated Acts 3:19.

Repent and turn to the fact that your sins were wiped out ( already) at the Cross, so that ..."

GE:

No, you are making your own stuff up.

19. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    From an Apostle, authorised by Christ, the Word of God came to those assembled, COMMANDING, in the best of English for the Aramaic used at the occasion, recorded in Greek by one Luke, a Greek, inspired by the Holy Spirit, "Repent ye therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of Lord."

20. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Repentance, conversion, to be born again, to believe, to hope, to trust, to persevere ... there is nothing that at the command of God, does not come into being, that does not happen, that doesn't become true and real.

"Be converted" is just such miracle. Turned from sin and death, to God, the one converted, is turned towards his future in Christ.