1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What was The PRIMARY Reason God Created Humans?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, Apr 27, 2011.

1. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Did he do it mainly to be objects of His love, to show off His glory, to receive praise from free moral agaents etc?

2. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

I'll get you a little more later but for now, He created mankind to solve the Angelic conflict. The conflict between Himself, satan and the fallen angels. More will come.

3. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe a similar reason to why Charles Schulz created Peanuts. He said every character represents something about himself.

4. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Glory...everything else is a part of the overall glory of God.

5. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting theory. I'm very eager to hear more of this.

6. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Theory

If we can go with theories on this. I believe the Angels where pretty much thinking highly of themselves, so God created humans to humble the Angel's.

Lucifer didn't like the creation of humans. God had the Angels he God didn't need man, so he got a third of the Angels to protest against this, so this is why they were cast down. Satan blames the creation of man not himself for his fall.

This is why Lucifer who is now known as Satan hates us with a burning rage and is out to prove to God, man should of never been created.

#6 psalms109:31, Apr 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2011
  7. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

My vote goes for His creation of mankind was first out of His LOVE and desire for us to freely love and glorify him.

"God was not obligated to create the world in any sense, nor did He do it to increase His glory or own inner happiness. Instead, He freely created the world out of love. St. Thomas Aquinas says, “Creatures came into existence when the key of love opened his hand.” Fulton Sheen, when asked why God created the world, responds, “Love overflowed.” He is perfectly complete within Himself, for we remember that perfect Love exists amongst the Persons of the Trinity. Therefore, creating us does not add anything to His glory or happiness. Instead, He creates to show and manifest His glory, which is love."

#7 quantumfaith, Apr 27, 2011
  8. Calv1

Calv1 Active Member

What does the bible say? "Bring my sons and daughter from afar who I have made for my glory.

Everything God does is for His Glory, and I don't think there's a mainstream denomination that would disagree with that. I'm a bit suprised about the answers here.

I love what Jonathan Edwards says, it's perhaps my favorite quote:

"God created man for nothing else but happiness, He created him so that He might communicate His happniess to him. Since this is so, how great must this happiness be. Let it not be an objection that God created us for His own glory, for I maintain that these are the same, that God is glorified in our knowing and delighting in God's great happiness"

9. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Angels were created first, they were created in perfection as man was, the Angels also had a volition, just as man does. Angels were created without the ability to be regenerated and can not be redeemed as man can. Isaiah 14: 12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

We see satan was sentenced as well as the 1/3 of angels. He will be brought down to hell, so why hasn't he already been sent there? His sentence has been passed.

We see God's condemnation of Ezekial 28: 12Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.

13Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

14Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

15Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

16By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.

17Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

18Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.

19All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.

Verse 13, he was in Eden and as a serpent deceived Eve.

Verses 14 and 16 say he was the covering cherub.

Verse 15 says would definitely be talking about satan "he was perfect until iniquity was found in him.

Verse 13, he was in Eden and as a serpent deceived Eve.

Again back to the Isaiah passage it says he will be brought down to hell.

Then in Matthew 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

If it has been prepared why has the sentence not been carried out, why are they notalready there, God must have a reason for this.

1st Corinthians 6:1 Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?

2Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?

3Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

Our key is verse 3 here in 1st Corinthians 6 we believers will judge angels, how by our having been saved. When at the end of the Millinial kingdom at the great white throne judgement. We are here to judge the fallen angels including satan. Thus the angelic conflict is solved by the redemption of the believers.

10. allinall

allinall New Member

I agree. That question kind of reminds me of the first question from the Westminster shorter catechism.

1. What is the chief end of man?
    A. Man's chief end is to glorify God and to enjoy him for ever.

peace

#10 allinall, Apr 27, 2011
  11. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Created to glorify God

Man is created for His glory, what does that mean to you?

Is it that they are to glorify God?

#11 psalms109:31, Apr 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2011
  12. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

God created mankind so that He could elect some to salvation, and leave the others in their doomed state, so that He could watch them burn for eternity!!

No, really.......

God made man so that He would get glory out of them. He would get glory out of those who would cry for salvation, those who would ask for His help when they would realize the problem they had was too big for them, etc. Whenever we turn to God for His help in any situation, He gets glory out of it.

13. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

When satan and the fallen angels sentence is carried out by our having salvation God will get the Glory from that.

14. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you sure about "No, really..."? It seems he must have set some figure there-- 90%, 95%, 98%..?-- of those who would have to burn forever just so the much smaller percentile would turn to him. IOW the odds are highly not in favor of any person giving him glory, so the smidgeon that do get infitinite bliss while the hoards get infinite torture, while neither group's crimes or glories were infinite. Little wonder that seas of people can't believe that. And his ways sure ain't ours.