1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What Was Uzzahs Sin?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by tyndale1946, Mar 10, 2015.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I want to thank everyone for their imput and add I also am PB... In fact as far as I know 3rd generation PB. That's all I've ever known. Back to the post in question... Found this comment interesting.

Uzzah erred in thinking it didn't matter who transported the ark.
    Uzzah erred in thinking it didn't matter how the ark was transported.
    Uzzah erred in thinking he knew all about the ark because it was in his fathers house for so long (2 Samuel 6:3)
    Uzzah erred in thinking that God couldn't take care of the ark himself.
    Uzzah erred in thinking that the ground of Chidon's threshing floor was less holy than his own hand.

I agree but where did the error or sin start? Did it not start with the Iraelites using the ark going into battle with God not present? To me that was the greatest error that caused every other sin that proceeded that. Its not that God will save us and give us the victory but that our standard the ark of the covenant will?... Comments... Brother Glen

#21 tyndale1946, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2015
  2. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Indeed.

Odd how an OP regarding Uzzah and the Ark can morph into a discussion about feet.

3. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Huh? I wasn't even thinking of Primitives.

I've seen it from folks like C. Matthew McMahon (ex-Baptist who ministered at the now defunct Topsfield (Mass.) Reformed Baptist Church started by Mark Dever, and now involved in some Presbyterian microdenomination).

Here's over a thousand Google results for Uzzah + "regulative principle":

https://www.google.com/#q=uzzah+"regulative+principle"

4. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My sincere apology to you Jerome. I was way out of line to imply such a thing.