1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What Will Be Heavens biggest SURPRIZE to You?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Nov 11, 2014.

1. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm cracking up. :tongue3:

2. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

The raised eyebrows

3. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

I'm thinking the same thing. Are you thiinkng about Rev 21:1-4?

4. T Alan

T Alan New Member

The OP assumes that "Surprise" will exist in "Heaven". I'm not sure that can be biblically supported.

5. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Ha! So we will be needing some fig leaves? LOL

6. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, surprise is an emotion, and there will be emotion in heaven. Just giving praise to the King of Kings will involve emotion, but it is true, some of those going to heaven, will be like they were in church on Sunday morning. Long faced, and quite unmoved by the joy and excitement in the songs and worship and preaching! So, in that situation maybe they'll not be surprised. Because they learned to be pungent for a life time, but the mere entrance to heaven will either end that scowl on their face and sneering in the heart, or they'll not be in heaven beyond the judgment seat of God!

Even so, if there was wailing in hell (another emotion, and in order to cry, one must feel sadness), I can't agree with your view.

And to end this discussion with you, let me first welcome you to the board. Glad you're here!

And secondly, I think you will truly surprised with how surprised you were when you get to heaven!

If that answer doesn't quite reach your emotiona threshold, than try ready these links:

http://billygraham.org/answer/will-...we-have-down-here-emotions-like-joy-or-anger/

http://ezinearticles.com/?Shall-We-Have-Emotions-in-Heaven?&id=2779393

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Primarily yes

8. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That will be the biggest surprise for many folks. The following verse comes to mind when it comes to being surprised with dying and standing before God in judgment. "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven."

And what is the "will of the Father? To repent and call upon the name of Jesus to be saved, which amounts to recognizing Him as the Son of God!

9. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I knew it would not be a surprise.

10. T Alan

T Alan New Member

Excellent response Crabtownboy

#30 T Alan, Nov 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2014
  11. T Alan

T Alan New Member

Thank you for the welcome and the assumption about me taken by my question. Now supply scriptural support that "surprize" will be one of the emotions expressed in the glorified body. I'll be awaiting a "Scriptural" support of your opinion.

12. T Alan

T Alan New Member

And as to your logic as support remember this. Hate is also an emotion, will Hate be in "Heaven"?

13. T Alan

T Alan New Member

"In heaven we will also have perfect knowledge. Paul writes, "Then I shall know just as I also am known" (1 Cor. 13:12). We will have no more unanswered questions, no confusion, no ignorance, and no more need to walk by faith rather than by sight. " quote by John McArthur from http://www.gty.org/resources/questions/QA111/What-will-heaven-be-like

14. T Alan

T Alan New Member

Therefore: No surprizes. Your welcome, it is my desire to strike down false teachings where ever I stumble across them. Sentimentality is the paving stone of the road to false understandings.

15. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh brother....:rolleyes:

16. T Alan

T Alan New Member

:applause:

17. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually Alan, I appreciate the challenge, but if you will note, I did provide scripture that spoke of certain emotions in heaven. If you choose to not believe heaven will hve emotion, there is little I can do to change that view. LIke I said, we read that there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth in hel. Those two acts require certain emotions. There will be joy in heaven expressed in the praise around the throne of God. Joy takes emotion! There will be love, probably the strongest of the emotions to be observed in heaven.

JOhn Piper writes about the emotions that will NOT exist in heaven - http://philgons.com/2008/04/is-there-regret-in-heaven/ And if you read this, surprise is not one of them!

Finally, I believe this article contains enough scripture to satisfy your want for back up to my idea of heaven having emotional expressions!
    http://www.epm.org/resources/2010/Feb/4/what-does-bible-say-about-heaven/

Enjoy the read, this is a good one for those who think heaven will be a boring, emotionless place!

18. T Alan

T Alan New Member

For clarity sake, It should be said, I do not think Heaven will be boring nor void of emotion. Just not sure about "surprise", Matter of Fact I will stick with my post that quoted Paul and his opinion of the matter.

Just curious if you don't mind, Is there a "righteousdude1" out there somewhere?

19. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, that's my Father, God! I'm simply one of his many sons or children, as you are too! :godisgood:

20. T Alan

T Alan New Member

Thank you, it's comforting to see that you believe me a
    child of Jehovah Elohim.