1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What WILL move you!

Discussion in 'Jokes & Humor (Clean)' started by Salamander, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Holy Communion
    Being a new pastor to an aging congregation, I told them I would be serving them prune juice in Holy Communion. When asked why I would dare entertain such a thought, I said, "If the Holy Spirit won't move you...the prune juice will!":tongue3:

2. Lilachka523

Lilachka523 New Member

no offense but i just dont find that funny at all. :( one shouldnt joke around about the Holy Spirit or anything at all that has to do w/ God and his power. Im sorry but its not funny to me. :wavey:

3. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I didn't think it was funny either.

4. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I also don't find it funny. For one thing, it's making fun of older people who are slower because of arthritis and other physical ailments, of which I've got my share.

5. Lilachka523

Lilachka523 New Member

yay! someone else agrees with me :) Thats awesome. Seriously though, jokes shouldnt be made about Church or Communion or anything of that nature, esp. like that one here. IF you would like to joke, just take it out the church and leave all the higher authority powers of God alone. Agree?

6. Lilachka523

Lilachka523 New Member

oh and by the way, youre definitely not old. SO dont say that about arthritis, etc. Im not even 30 yet and have my bones cracking when I move and arthritis in my fingers, at times. And my back? Oh boy, lets definitely not go there :)

7. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

i thought I heard a chuckle from above.

8. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I'm constantly told by the "old" folks around here that I'm not old even though I will be 63 this April 8. So, what age IS considered old? I no longer think of myself as young.