1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What will they discover if they deep enough

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by revmwc, Jun 1, 2011.

1. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110530/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_israel_underground_jerusalem

I saw a documentary a few years back about these tunnels. It was said that a Jewish archaeologist was in one of the tunnels deep under the temple and spotted what he thought might be the ark of the covenant, next day upon returning the passage leading in had been concreted in. What do you folks see happening with these tunnels?

2. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

http://www.bibleplus.org/discoveries/arkintro.htm

Ron Wyatt was the man who claimed to discover the Ark of the Covenant (and a number of other critically important Jewish relics). He also indicated that the blood of Christ seeped down through cracks in the rock at the base of the cross and dripped onto the mercy seat right where OT priests would pour the blood in their annual ceremony of atonement.

Makes for a really good story if nothing else, and it may even be true. Who knows? I read Wyatt's work a number of years ago. I believe he is deceased now.

3. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

What if they discovered some original manuscripts of the scripture along with never before seen letters from Paul or other apostles that clearly revealed answers to some of our most heated subjects of debate?

Wouldn't that be a fun day for those who were proven right? I'm already working on my "I told you so" thread for the Theology forum. ;)

4. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Pauls would be found in Epheisus or Corinth, now James or some of the Apostles works might be found in some of those tunnels. It is intersting how the Muslims want it all stopped though.

5. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

:godisgood:

If I was Jewish and thought I had found the most sacred object of my religion/nation/people, there is no way I would leave it wait until the next day to investigate further. I'd camp out on site if necessary. Besides, everyone knows the Ark is in storage in a government warehouse in the U.S. :laugh:

6. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

I don’t know why but the location of the ark has always been a topic of great fascination for me. My pastor thinks God took it to Heaven because he knows we would worship it if we found it. Perhaps some would worship it, but I think the ark is still hidden here somewhere. The sighting in the tunnels under the temple mount is one possibility.

Another possibility, of course, is that the Ethiopian Orthodox Church actually has it as they have long claimed.

Also there is the story in the book of 2 Maccabees about Jeremiah hiding the ark in a cave on Mount Nebo where it is to remain until God again gathers His people together.

I believe the depiction of the ark in Heaven in Revelation 11 is symbolic. The ark is still here—at least I want to think it is.

7. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

It would be simply fantastic. However, could we ever reach unanimaty on which, if any, of those long lost manuscripts ought to be included in scripture? Watching that debate would be really good.

8. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

Just wondering - why do you want to think the ark is still on the earth? What difference would it make to your Christian life if you found that it wasn't - that it was physically in heaven, or no longer in existence at all?

9. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

I suspect it is still around here somewhere on earth. It's discovery would be good motivation for the rebuilding of the Temple in Jerusalem.

10. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Before which however a "Red Heifer (Numbers 19)" without spot or blemish and "upon which never came yoke" would have to be found to sacrifice, burn and mix its ashes in water to be used to cleanse the land and the temple site.

http://www.templemount.org/heifer.html

HankD

11. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Adam blew it back in the Garden of Eden. He chose to disobey God.

Man is still depraved--totally. Man loves to dig up relics and make icons--in between contemplating his navel. He makes movies and books to document his adventures--for a fee of course--Indiana Jones did pretty good.

Where the ark of the covenant might be is totally irrelevant to what is coming down. This world, and everything in it is going to melt with fervent heat. How does this fact affect our daily routine?

Even so, come Lord Jesus.

Bro. James

12. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I think it is kind of like the birth certificate - believers will believe and skeptics will still be skeptical and very few if any will be swayed.

It is the gospel that is going to persuade as proclaimed in the Bible and lived in the lives of God's people.

13. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

It would be the greatest archeological discovery ever made. Bigger than all the others combined. Of all the objects of antiquity, the ark is the only one that actually held the power of God. We read in the Bible how the Holy Spirit actually descended upon it, which is something to my knowledge that never happened to any other inanimate object. Yes, its discovery would be very big.

So what difference would it make to me if we were sure it was no longer on the earth? None at all because the absence of the ark is the status quo, as it has been for at least 2,600 years.

14. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

I'll go out on a limb and say that we may start finding historical artifacts of the Temple, Noah's ark, etc. I'll also go further out on that limb and suggest that the more we transfer from faith to sight by the evidences of those historical artifacts the closer we are to the Day of the Lord.

Of course, people will bow down and worship the artifacts instead of the God they represent, which is probably why God so graced us to keep them hidden for so long. Just consider the RCC before the Reformation, when people paid to see fragments of wood that were presented as pieces of the cross, etc. Cathedrals were built over the bones of dead apostles and other saints. We've had a history of worshiping the creation instead of the Creator since Adam sinned.