1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What will they say?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Jun 14, 2008.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This weekend, Tim Russel passed away.politicians, friends and newsmen, both from NBC and competing networks have had nothing but good things to say about Tim.

Now when Rush Limbaugh goes to that big microphrone in the sky, what do you think some of the well known names will say about Rush?
    Will the conservatives totally praise him, will the Liberals get one last bash in?
    Thoughts?
    Salty

#1 Salty, Jun 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2008
  2. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rush Limbaugh is no Tim Russert.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never said he was. The question is; will Rush get the same respect of courtesy by both friend and foe that Tim received?

Salty

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think that any talk show host - liberal, conservative, or otherwise - will.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am sure that folks like Glenn Beck, O'riley, Haninty, Laura Ingraham. and Laura Schlessinger will speak very highly of Rush.

I would say most of the liberals will try to avoid the obit as much as possible.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your question was if both friend and foe alike will be saying nice things. I don't think so other than acknowledging that Rush Limbaugh helped to vitalize talk radio for all types of talk radio.

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The more I think about it, the Libs will find a way to discredit Rush - and of course they will recieve a pass from the hit and run media

8. Cutter

Cutter New Member

They did not have much good to say about Jerry Falwell, for the most part they primarily pointied out his participation in the political process.
    Wow, say that last part 5 times fast! :laugh:

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't have much good to say about Rush Limbaugh currently - other than to credit him for vitalizing talk radio.

Frankly, I listened to some of conservative talk radio this past week and all it is - and I imagine will be - until November 4 is bash Obama, bash Obama 24/7 radio. They hardly even attempt, if at all even, to make a case for McCain.

So they can have it. I have better things to do than to just listen to how awful Senator Obama is for a three hour show five days a week. I like more variety of subject material than that.

10. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think most funerals in this country are public displays of hypocrisy. Lots of good things to say about people, when they're dead, in the eulogies, some of which are given by people who were known detractors, critics, or enemies of the departed. Especially funerals of politicians.
    Just like mobsters murdered by fellow mobsters, and then the murderers attend the funeral with flowers and good words.

Just cry over them, or laugh at them, and then, bury them, and go on with life.

11. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hey we agree again. Russert was top of the line fair to both sides! Only Oreilly would come close.

God Bless! :thumbs:

12. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This kinda goes with Hillary praising Obama after she trashed him for the past six months. It was a sickening display of hypocrisy! Either she was lying about Obama before she lost or is lying about Obama now. Either way she comes off as a liar. Party line politics is very sad in this country.

God Bless! :thumbs: