1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What will we be doing during the 1,000 year reign of God on earth.

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Jan 10, 2008.

1. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

What will we be doing during the 1,000 year reign of God on earth.

Will babies be born during this period?

Why is lucifer loosed once again after the 1,000 year period?

What will we be doing?

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Rev 20 -- the FIRST RESURRECTION is described in Rev 20 following the great Rev 19 2nd coming event. This is the resurrectoin of the righteous at the point when as Christ said in John 14 "I will come again" -- He returns to take us to heaven.

in 1Thess 4 we are told that in this great "FIRST resurrection" the "DEAD in Christ RISE FIRST" and both living and resurrected-dead are caught up together in the air to meet Christ - and to be taken to "His Father's house" where he went to prepare a place for us -- some 2000 years ago.

John 14 says "IF I go and prepare a PLACE for you -- I will come AGAIN and RECIEVE you to Myself in order that WHERE I am THERE you may be also".

We are received up into the air and then taken to heaven Where Christ is at this very moment. Doing the work THERE for us that he promised to do.

In Rev 19 we are told that the wicked world will oppose Christ at his coming and "The rest are killed" by the sword that comes from His mouth.

On earth - nothing but the dead.

In heaven - all the saints and Christ,

And that -- for 1000 years.

Matt 24 gives this same sequence showing the 2nd coming of Christ and saying "AFTER the tribulation of those days... he will gather his elect". And that is where the promise of John 14 "I will come again and RECEIVE you unto Myself" is realized.

in Christ,

Bob

3. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

My guess? Praising God first. Being in the bodies we felt most comfortable in second. Enjoying the awesome beauty third. Doing what we do best fourth. Fellowship with the saved fifth.
    Interestingly, though, the Tree of Knowlege will be there...wonder what we'll do with that?

love,

Sopranette

4. Dr. L.T. Ketchum

Dr. L.T. Ketchum New Member

The "first resurrection is in three phases.
    1. Christ the "firstfruit" at His resurrection.
    2. The Church Age believers from Pentecost to the Rapture at the beginning of the Tribulation
    3. Tribulation Martyrs and (most probably Old Testament believers) at, or shortly after, the second coming.

"This is the first resurrection."

At Christ's coming to earth, all unbelievers will be killed by His glory.
    Believers surviving the Tribulation persecution of Antichrist will enter into the Kingdom Age in physical bodies.
    All Resurrected/Translated believers will live in the Kingdom Age on earth in glorified bodies. Faithful Church Age believers and Tribulation martyrs will rule with Christ, serve in the Millennial Temple, and judge the nations. The Twelve Apostles will judge the 12 tribes of Israel during the Kingdom.

5. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There is no reference in all of scripture to "a first resurrection AGE" or a 3 or 7 year span of time where ALL resurrections in that span are "the first resurrection".

To be accurate the term is only used ONCE - and that is in Rev 20" showing that it comes right after the singular event of Rev 19 -- the appearing of Christ -- the real deal -- the 2nd coming.

No way to drag this event BACK 3.5 years or even 7 years prior to the Rev 19 event.

That means that the resurrection of the sainst given in 1Cor 15, and 1Thess 4 (where the dead in Christ rise FIRST) and the one seen in Rev 20 are all one and the same event. The singular event that takes place at the promised "Return" given to us in John 14.

And because of that - we end up with the result that when Paul proclaims the return of Christ and the resurrection of the saints and our being gathered to him -- he speaks of the rapture of 1Thess 4 (that ALSO happens at the moment of the FIRST resurrection where the "Dead in CHRIST rise FIRST" ) takes all the saints to heaven to be with Christ for a literal 1000 year period of time-

Paul, John, Peter, Matthew all report on the same promised return and the same promised gathering of the saints to christ -- given in John 14 and Matt 24 by Christ - "And so shall we EVER be WITH the Lord" 1Thess 4.

in Christ,

Bob

#5 BobRyan, Jan 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2008
  6. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Spiritual bodies, a Spiritual King but yet in a earthly kingdom.

Why not accept the fact that the Kingdom is spiritual, then you got it. The Lord has no need for an earthly kingdom.

BBob,

7. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    At the end of the 1000 years there is a new heavens and new earth -- God does reign there as Rev 21 says.

But the long promised resurrection of the saints - happens as Rev 20 and 1Thess 4 describe it -- and the saints are then taken to be with Christ in heaven.

in 2Cor 5 this is described as the heavenly tent that is given to replace this decaying earthly tent. In 1Cor 15 -- written to the same church it is said to be immortal.

8. Sgt. Fury

Sgt. Fury New Member

There will be no 1000 year reign of Christ on earth. One has to read alot of stuff into Rev 20:4, and ignore alot of other things in the Bible to find a 1000 year earthly kingdom ruled by Jesus.

9. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I agree -

Rev 19 -- Second Coming
    Rev 20 we see the resurrection of the saints "This the FIRST resurrection"
    1Thess 4 "The Dead in Christ rise FIRST" - All saints (both living and dead) raptured to heaven.

And then comes the 1000 years AFTER the resurrection that takes place at the 2nd coming.

in Christ,

Bob

10. AAA

AAA New Member

i need to read this..n/t

11. grace56

grace56 New Member

We're in it now!

12. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Rev 19 describes the 2nd coming - then Rev 20 describes the first resurrection and the 1000 years.

If Rev 19's second coming has already happened - someone forgot to tell Christians.