1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What will you do when faced with persecution?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Oct 13, 2015.

1. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It does appear to me those "trials and tribulations" that we believers deal with today will not be the tribulation as described during those seven years. Tribulations the world has never seen before and will never see again. Two different animals. Why would our Heavenly Father cause us to suffer such? The seven years tribulations are for those who rebel.

2. StFrancis

StFrancis Member

You are supposed to be prayerful and remain faithful so that you can get through temptations. There are people who have been through temptations and they have managed to get through. Never give up praying and always be near your family members or a good friend.

• Like Like x 2
  3. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Member

It's a pretty scary thought, but if I were to face persecution, of course, I would still stand by my faith. I only know one God, and I am pretty sure He'll never leave my side even in this time of sorrow. I am not prepared for persecution, no one is prepared for it, I guess, but what I am sure about is I would always declare that God is my savior.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is an ugly truth that is sometimes forgotten...God doesn't cause the suffering, man does. And that includes judgment.

The condition of the world is not God's fault, but man's. The persecution men go through finds other men culpable, not God. While the judgment seen in the Tribulation can be seen to come from God, it is man that brought that judgment upon himself.

A parallel question might be "Why did God allow children to die in the Flood?" To most this might seem harsh and unfair, but, the judgment that fell was due to...man. It is just my view that the children that died in the Flood were bestowed mercy, in that if they had grown up they would no doubt followed in the footsteps of their fathers.

So the real question is, "Why do men cause us to suffer?" And we know the answer, particularly when it comes to the judgment that falls in the Tribulation:

2 Thessalonians 1:8-9

King James Version (KJV)

8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

God's judgment is always just, and it is because of man's sin, which is the reason God has always judged man, that His children suffer. But, oftentimes it is also the sin of His children that causes the suffering.

Not just for them. During the Tribulation there will be those who come to saving faith, and some, perhaps many will die. Many will face persecution at the hands of Antichrist.

Revelation 6:11

King James Version (KJV)

11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

Revelation 7:13-14

King James Version (KJV)

13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?

14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

God bless.

#24 Darrell C, Oct 15, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  5. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am definitely a pan-tribulationist. Everything will "pan" out according to His true plan for us. I am ready to live through 31/2 or 7 years of trib, or if we all fly united, one in the king before the trib hits, well, who am I to complain. Whistling

6. rcdpink

rcdpink New Member

We all go through different levels of persecution. It may not be genocide of Christians but we endure persecutions through family situations, workplace situations, health situations and so forth. The scriptures did say that a man's days are full of trouble and we have to have this in the back of our minds so as not to feel victimized all the time. The Scriptures did also tell us that we must through much tribulation enter into the Kingdom of God. I actually expect tribulation. I know it's something that I have to endure and I have to do so using faith. He that endureth to the end shall be saved.

7. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can only hope for what I may do. Since I've never been in a situation where I was being persecuted. The most sensible is to avoid being murdered. If someone asked me if I were a Christian and I knew I would be killed if I said yes. I would have to say yes I am. My reason is I cannot deny Christ. If I said no, Christ would deny me to the Father.
    MB