1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What would be your response to this quote by Desmond TuTu?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by annsni, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

Salvation is a revelation of Jesus Christ to the soul of man (2 Cor. 4:6) that provides the "light" of knowledge of God through Jesus Christ as the sufficient Savior. This light dispells the darkness in the human soul (Eph. 4:18). Saving faith ALWAYS embraces this revelation as its object of hope and it is kept by the power of God. This revelation occurs always in connection with the communicated gospel and God is able to give the seeing eye and the hearing ear in spite of mental and/or physical obstacles.

For example, when John the Baptist was still in the womb of his mother God enabled him to receive the news shared by Mary so that he leaped for "joy" in the womb. If God can do that with an unborn infant, I don't think he would have any difficulty with a born infant, or a person that was born with mental or physical obstacles.

There may be some surposes about who is in heaven but there will be no surprises how they obtained entrance into heaven because there is but ONE WAY and it is the way revealed in the gospel.

2. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The saved 'going to heaven' is as fictitious as ol' Nick guarding the (fictitious) 'pearly gates'.

3. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

The only thing that is "fictious" is your statement

Rev. 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Rev. 21:21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.

2 Cor. 5:6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:
    7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)
    8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Philip. 1:21 ¶ For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
    22 But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not.
    23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:

Where is Christ? He is in heaven.

#23 Dr. Walter, Oct 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2011
  4. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:

True of BOTH the here and now through faith for the saved,

and, and as,

the Return of Christ and the New Earth ---