1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What Would cause you to change baptist Group Now In?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Yeshua1, Apr 5, 2012.

1. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not a member of any Baptist "Group." I am an Independent Baptist (independent means "not a member of any group").

The church I have pastored for the last quarter century is Independent, not part of any group.

However, my wife and I own a condo in Palm Springs and when we visit that area we attend a CBA church. Its doctrine and practice is the same as ours.

We also own a retirement home in Weslaco, Texas. When in residence there we attend a SBC church. Its doctrine and practice is the same as ours.

As to the OP, it seemed a little simplistic to me.

Women being ordained?

Ordained to do what? I have no problem with women being appointed to teach children or other women. To direct choirs, or serve in other capacities. My only objection would be if a woman were ordained a pastor and/or given authority over the men of the church.

Spiritual gifts still operating today?

Many spiritual gifts are still being given today. The miraculous sign gifts that were given to confirm the inscripturation of the bible have passed away, so, if that is what you mean I would not attend or support a church that violated God's word by claiming additional revelation via a false "gift of prophecy" or false use of the "gift of tongues."

Theistic Evolution?

I believe that Adam and Eve were the first humans on planet earth. Nobody preceded them. And they were not descended from any of the animals made in the earlier days of creation. To claim that Adam and Eve descended from other animals violates the unique nature of man (what is man that You are mindful of him?). However, I also believe Genesis tells us WHAT God did and not necessarily HOW God did it. I believe each of the 6 days of creation deals with God creating the different animal and vegetable kingdoms and that there is no overlap in those kingdoms nor within the kingdoms down to the "family" level (roughly equivalent to the "kind" of Genesis).

Open theism?

A false god who lacks Omniscience and Omnipotence.

Bible has mistakes in non spiritual/doctrine areas?

Depends on what you mean by mistakes. Are there mistakes in the copying of manuscripts? Yes. Are there mistakes in translations? Yes. Are there errors of fact in the bible? No.

Alternate lifestyles accepted as being valid?

We must reach out to such persons and love them with the love of Christ. We must not be trapped into accepting their sinful lifestyle in the process. Nor should we single them our for the kind of vile abuse we see coming from Fred Phelps and his group of modern day Torquemadas.

#41 TCassidy, Apr 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2012
  2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Don't worry about it. It takes a little person to criticize/attack someone for something like that.

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

What does that have to do with the thread?

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Theistic Evolution?

I believe that Adam and Eve were the first humans on planet earth. Nobody preceded them. And they were not descended from any of the animals made in the earlier days of creation. To claim that Adam and Eve descended from other animals violates the unique nature of man (what is man that You are mindful of him?). However, I also believe Genesis tells us WHAT God did and not necessarily HOW God did it. I believe each of the 6 days of creation deals with God creating the different animal and vegetable kingdoms and that there is no overlap in those kingdoms nor within the kingdoms down to the "family" level (roughly equivalent to the "kind" of Genesis).

Open theism?

A false god who lacks Omniscience and Omnipotence.

Bible has mistakes in non spiritual/doctrine areas?

Depends on what you mean by mistakes. Are there mistakes in the copying of manuscripts? Yes. Are there mistakes in translations? Yes. Are there errors of fact in the bible? No.

Alternate lifestyles accepted as being valid?

We must reach out to such persons and love them with the love of Christ. We must not be trapped into accepting their sinful lifestyle in the process. Nor should we single them our for the kind of vile abuse we see coming from Fred Phelps and his group of modern day Torquemadas.[/QUOTE]

5. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

Should be "too" not "to."

6. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

:laugh: :laugh: