1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What young people beleive about salvation

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Salty, May 2, 2021.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That makes real sense, as we must believe that Jesus is God, but would say if we had to fully explain the trinity to be saved, none of us here would be saved yet!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, as we must hold that Jesus is God the Son, and not Son of God as held by Mormons and JW!

3. Hannahande

Hannahande Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, I did google it now and read a few about it. It made me confused :(

4. Hackberry

Hackberry New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This seems way off-topic.

The Higher Committee on Human Fraternity is a muslim-dominated committee of 8 people in Abu Dhabi that opposes islamic terrorism. They oppose persecuting Christians. They are supported by the local ruler. It doesn't seem like a completely bad idea.

The document on Human Fraternity is sort of a peace treaty between the pope and the grand imam. Peace treaties can be good if they stop the killing. They can also be ineffective. I guess we will see.

The document is borderline universalist and implies that the pope is not sending missionaries to muslim countries, but then he wasn't sending them anyway.

I wouldn't sign it, but nobody asked me.

5. timtofly

timtofly Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is not taught is Adonai, LORD GOD. I think the name Lord is also misunderstood in the NT. Lord is GOD. Lord is not singled out as Jesus Christ, nor the Father. Take 1 Thessalonians 4:14-17 as an example:

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Paul states God is coming to earth in verse 14, but then most revert to reading the rest as Jesus Christ. Paul did not mention Jesus once. He used the term God. One could argue these verses are not referring to Jesus at all. Since Paul started with God, and continued with Lord. Titus 2:13 is when Paul gives us the Name of Jesus Christ.

"Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ"

We have been taught for a couple hundred years the sole return of Jesus, and Paul claims God Himself as Lord comes to earth. Jesus hints at that Himself in the parable of the vineyard:

"But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance. And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him. When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen?"

Jesus makes a distinction between the Son and the Lord. The Lord does come and visit the vineyard. That happened on the Cross, when God Himself was on the Cross, and the veil of the Temple was rent in half. The next time the Lord comes is on His throne. Revelation 6 and the 6th Seal.

My thoughts:

GOD is the creator. GOD is outside of creation. However in the current creation God is manifested in creation, along with the Word, and the Holy Spirit. These three manifestations, known as persons, are unique to this creation alone. They are physical and spiritual, as this creation itself is equally physical and spiritual as one creation. God as one is still outside of creation. Also eternity is outside of creation. That would also lead to the conclusion that spiritual and physical as we know it cannot exist in eternity. Only GOD can exist outside of reality. Even the NHNE may or may not be finite. There is a distinction though between God's eternity and everlasting life. Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit only leave this reality as the Lord God. Not sure if this explains or is more confusing. Something to think about though.