1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What's for Dinner?

Discussion in 'Women's Fellowship Forum' started by Friend of God, Dec 27, 2011.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Tonight I'm trying a new recipe: maple chicken and sweet potatoes. It looked good and I have chicken thighs thawed so I figured "Why not?" :)

2. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Cheesy Mushroom Chicken, Green Beans, Hot Homemade Bread, and Rice Pudding for dessert.

3. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Daughter has requested Grilled Steaks with peppers and onions, twice-baked potatoes, asparagus with cheese sauce, and deep-dish apple pie for dessert.

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Tonight is cranberry pork roast in the crockpot (have a meeting at 5 pm) along with rice and peas.

5. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Homemade Beef Stew, Biscuits, Caesar Salad, and Rice Pudding for dessert.

6. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I was going to make a nice dinner salad with chicken, mandarin oranges, blue cheese and stuff - but I'm lazy so we're getting Chinese. :)

7. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Must be Ann's laziness is contagious. Started out to make a nice dinner of grilled steaks, salad, etc. Long story short...We're ordering Pizza.

8. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

LOL - Sorry!! We DID end up having that salad for dinner last week but just another night. Tonight was another salad night. I had made a caesar salad for a meeting we had yesterday and still had 3 heads of romaine left (6 of them in Costco are under $4 and I only used 3 of them) along with the other stuff so I made a caesar salad. I added in the rotisserie chicken I got there too (never pass that up - $5 for a huge chicken? No way!). It's good because I am not feeling well so it was an easy meal that fed us well. :)

9. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sweet and Spicy Grilled Chicken, Buttery Grilled Shrimp, Feta Romaine Salad, Golden Potato Salad, and S'more Pie for dessert

10. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Tonight will be nachos. I have a small container of chili that was in the freezer that we'll use and I just sauteed a bunch of veggies to put on there too. We have very little time between ballet and church so this will be perfect.

11. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Mystery meat! I sometimes buy meat in bulk and appear to have forgotten to mark what this one was before putting it in the deep freeze.

Once it thaws, I'll be able to figure it out and work a meal around it. Pretty pathetic! :laugh: Right now, since it IS a meat, I'm going for the generic concept of garlic, green onions, a multi-purpose seasoning, a quick sear, then a slow roast. Serve with rice and whatever type of veggie I pick up first.

It's like a catch-all plan for any meat that isn't seafood. LOL

I WANTED to make chili and had this novel idea for making it really awesome, but then I forgot what the idea was so I'm protesting myself and not making it until I remember the idea.

12. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Tonight will be a spinach and ricotta quiche along with a salad with homemade mustard vinaigrette. Easy night since we get out of ballet at 6:15, have to come home, eat dinner then leave by 6:50 to get to church!! Fortunately, tonight is the last night my daughter has to go to church (son will still go for youth group) so I won't feel SO rushed since sonny boy can get something to eat before we get home from ballet. :)

13. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maple-Glazed Ribs, Grilled Sweet Onions, Fruity Cole Slaw,Golden Potato Salad, Frozen Banana Split Pie for dessert.

14. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Tonight will be cola-braised brisket, mashed potatoes and asparagus. YUMMY!! I may also put together some bread pudding to use up the bread ends I save in the freezer for just that purpose.

15. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We're having a turkey, corn, carrots, and apple crisp.

16. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Chicken Pot Pie with Cheddar Biscuits, Tortellini and Tomato Salad, and Cream Cheese Pound Cake for dessert.

17. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Tonight was simple - burgers on the grill and green salad. I didn't even eat though because I wasn't hungry!

18. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Burgers and Bratwurst on the grill, Potato Salad, Macaroni Salad, Hot Fudge Sundaes for dessert.

19. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Totally not sure but my 9 year old requested Tortellini Alfredo and if I have the ingredients on hand, I just may do that and skip food shopping until later in the week. :) I have salad already and my second daughter is at the grocery store so I can ask her to pick up the few things I need. Hmm......

20. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Steaks, Ribs, and Burgers on the grill, Loaded Baked Potatoes, Caesar Salad, and Key Lime Pie for dessert.